what is the ODDEST thing you have to bring??

Every cruise we go one, we bring a bag full of pool noodles. Mom is handicapped and she needs them to be able to bob in the water at the beach on the ship or wherever we go. When we leave we just find someone who wants it on the beach. Have never had to carry them home with us, hehehehe. Cheap practical investment. :)

Not as weird as fish, but I always bring:

Disinfectant wipes to wipe down the cabin.

Hand sanitizer at all times.

Post-it notes, just in case I need to leave the steward a note.

Highlighter pen to highlight things in daily schedule.

Air freshener spray.

A Tide pen for those accidental spills.

Band-aid and Kleenex wherever I go.

We always take Lizzy the stuffed rubber alligator with us on every trip since my daughter got him. So far, he's been sailing around Lake Michigan on a 25' Catalina, driving through Michigan, wandering St. Ignance, MI, driving from Michigan to Tampa and back again, and of course, on our cruise with us. He now has a wooden snake friend to travel with named Snakey. Snakey is from Grand Cayman.

I am cruising this year on the 17th of Dec. and we are bringing the kids in a seperate cabin. So this year I bought two 1 foot Christmas trees and decorations so that they can decorate their own trees. Kind of weird but I thought it might be fun.

Cruizinrican:)

We're cruising over Christmas and New Year's and are doing the same with the trees. I even have miniature lights. I have some of that old fashioned, colored metallic tinsel to put around the balcony doors and a big red bow for the cabin door. Also small stockings for special crew members which I'll fill with candy, a mini Christmas deco and extra cash.

Actually some high end hotel chains offer something close to this. While they don't sell a pillow, they will give you a pillow "menu" so you can chose the type of pillow you want. Some of the selections consists of what makes up the filling, etc.

You know, this isn't a bad idea, but what would they call this service?

"Pillows for the Anal Retentive"? :D :D :D

Every cruise we go one, we bring a bag full of pool noodles. Mom is handicapped and she needs them to be able to bob in the water at the beach on the ship or wherever we go. When we leave we just find someone who wants it on the beach. Have never had to carry them home with us, hehehehe. Cheap practical investment. :)

Okay, I read this fast and skipped the word "pool." I was imagining your mom bobbing around with bags of noodles. :eek: Wouldn't they get soggy? Then you leave them with someone on the beach..... hmmm.... for fish food? :confused: Thought it was REALLY weird.

Then re-read. :D :o

I think I need to go to bed!

On my last cruise The Mariner we brought our Starbucks expreso machine. We only had a balcony room so it was crowded. Everyone around us was happy when we steamed the milk at 6am.... The last morning we bought our beloved late with balies and they were $12 apiece. So I was glad I took it. Leaving it home in june on Freedom... Money is easier to carry....

Archived