re meat pies

On 7/14/2024 at 2:18 PM, NSWP said:

Mogo pies on Princes Hwy, south of Batemans Bay, present the 'Burger pie' beef patties and cheese in a pie.   Yes Uncle Les is stll alive and recovering from a broken shoulder and arm, now in a Riverside villa at Moruya Illawarra Retirement Trust. No more high rise. Best wishes to all.

450751863_1189150442165130_5699214720805188467_nburger pie.jpg

So heartening to see you posting again, Les.  At least your humour wasn’t broken in that very nasty fall.  Are you able to use your left (dominant as you said) arm again for the keyboard?  

23 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I like a bit of dead horse on the lid and side. I then eat the lid followed by the filling, them mop up any remaining sauce and gravy with what's left of the pastry.

Methodical🤣

• Haha 2

The best pies in the entire world can be found at the bakery in Exmouth.   The chicken and leek pie is to die for but you gotta be early as they sell out quickly.  I used to wonder why they didn't just make more but then somebody suggested providing for a limited market was a sure way to encourage custom. Sneaky buggers.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bubbeh said:

The best pies in the entire world can be found at the bakery in Exmouth.   The chicken and leek pie is to die for but you gotta be early as they sell out quickly.  I used to wonder why they didn't just make more but then somebody suggested providing for a limited market was a sure way to encourage custom. Sneaky buggers.

And here I learnt at school that pie was infinite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

21 hours ago, arxcards said:

Is that NSWP Les?

Not in that era, but I have been to Harry's Cafe de Wheels as a teenager. Ye gods, it's so long ago it's amazing I remember.🫢

• Like 1