Dressing down.

vinob

P&O DO decide what is formal enough, or smart casual enough and say so quite clearly in the information, but people choose to disregard it anyway. I imagine the poor staff a) have enough to do without having to challenge passengers about their dress all the time, b) are reluctant to challenge people because of the responses they are likely to get, c) possibly don't have the authority to do so below a certain level.

Personally I don't care what people wear, but why cruise with a line that has a dress code when almost all of the others don't?

Yes, everyone is entitled to enjoy their holiday in the way they see fit, but why should the enjoyment of a few potentially spoil the enjoyment of many who have chosen to cruise with a specific line because of its values?

So you really think that someone turning up in a dress that others may or may not think is formal enough is going to ruin someone's enjoyment . I've got to laugh at that 🤔. I get dressed up and wear a ball gown I go all out even deck the kids out too. But to say we are all sitting in the dining room having a great time till someone came in and didn't make enough effort and my whole night was ruined is hysterical 😭

There is nothing wrong with Benidorm, or the people that go there, but my point is (and I am not judging anyone), but if you know the ship has a dress code, don't complain if it doesn't suit you. Do what you want to do, but don't criticise others that want to "dress up".

Can you point me to a post where i or anyone else criticised anyone for dressing up? Cause the only people criticising are the ones who think they are too good for people that taking a certain type of holiday moves them up the pecking order. Maybe in their own heads that the case 😂

Can you point me to a post where i or anyone else criticised anyone for dressing up? Cause the only people criticising are the ones who think they are too good for people that taking a certain type of holiday moves them up the pecking order. Maybe in their own heads that the case 😂

People are simply saying that everyone should show respect and adhere to the dress code. They are not sitting in judgement of others and nobody has said that people not adhering to the dress code has spoiled their holiday.

People are simply saying that everyone should show respect and adhere to the dress code. They are not sitting in judgement of others and nobody has said that people not adhering to the dress code has spoiled their holiday.

Ah ok when someone posted saying unfortunately the Benidorm crowds are all ready on the ships that certainly wasn't judging people :confused:

Nowt wrong with Benidorm :cool: it's my spiritual home! You're as likely to find me on levante beach as you are on a cruise,,although I do dress very differently when in the big B than I do on a ship! When I'm cruising I'm a lady;) but when I'm cruising the strip in Benidorm I'm not quite so subdued! I Always adhere to the dress code though cos I like to dress up in the evenings and it's lovely to see people in their finery,,gives the ship a nice ambience and feels special:)

Tourist resort in Spain for Brits having a wild time drinking etc.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Yes,,that's about right! But it's so much more than that:cool: beautiful white sand beaches,,great climate, it's a year round destination, and the nightlife and entertainment is fantastic..and it's free! Avoid it in peak season but when I go in October it's much more civilised with more mature visitors not all lager louts. Oohhh,,and the shops:hearteyes:

A friend has just reported the same thing on Azura yesterday in Amsterdam.

So it still happens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps a lot of passengers on last week's cruise did as I did and put a comment that they should enforce the dress code on the survey that we did on board. I can only hope.

People were turned away from the MDR on the Britannia on a non formal night. Mostly wearing three quarter length smart shorts and pale blue jeans from memory. Not just couples but families with kids. I haven't seen anyone turned away on a formal night as most people who don't want to "dress up" opt for other dining venues. I also remember that people seemed to be reasonably dressed in the buffet at night. We called into the buffet after a long day trip to Rome earlier this year and I felt decidedly underdressed.

People were turned away from the MDR on the Britannia on a non formal night. Mostly wearing three quarter length smart shorts and pale blue jeans from memory. Not just couples but families with kids. I haven't seen anyone turned away on a formal night as most people who don't want to "dress up" opt for other dining venues. I also remember that people seemed to be reasonably dressed in the buffet at night. We called into the buffet after a long day trip to Rome earlier this year and I felt decidedly underdressed.

Good to hear some P&O UK ships are taking a stand and enforcing dress rules to a degree. We need some 'Decorum in the Forum.':cool:

Last year on Aurora people who were sitting in Crows Nest shortly after 6, and still in 'day wear' were spoken to, they finished their drinks and left. I also saw someone else, wearing shorts, being approached as they entered and they shrugged their shoulders and left.