leaving the red Hook terminal Brooklyn - how to get home to Delaware

pkamison

need some help/suggestions PLEASE - will be arriving on a WB (QM2) from Southampton to NYC in November. Have never done this before so I have never seen or been to the port in Brooklyn. I am trying to figure out how to get home to Delaware.

A car service with a driver is a possibility but the cost is enormous.

I thought about a car to take me to a rental car company and then pickup a rental that I could leave in Wilmington Delaware (one way rental) - it seems that the rental car places are not available on Sundays.

Are there transfers from Cunard to the Amtrak stations either at Penn Station or Newark airport ?

Can anyone give me any ideas ? Thanks

Thanks - I am considering taking a cab but we are 2 Srs. with lots of luggage and walking /dragging luggage is not a good thing. A car/taxi to the station may be our last option. Are there lots of cabs or is there a Cunard transfer to Penn Station ?

If cost is an issue, you can walk to the subway in Brooklyn (a few blocks). You can also catch the ferry to Wall Street, which leaves immediately adjacent to the QM2 dock. From Wall Street it's a short walk to the subway to Penn Station. Or a slightly longer walk to the World Trade Center, where you can get PATH to Newark (NJ, not DE!). You can catch Amtrak at Newark instead of Penn Station NYC.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Forums mobile app

Thanks - I am considering taking a cab but we are 2 Srs. with lots of luggage and walking /dragging luggage is not a good thing. A car/taxi to the station may be our last option. Are there lots of cabs or is there a Cunard transfer to Penn Station ?

Here is what is shown on cunard.com regarding post-voyage Cunard transfers to Penn Station following a westbound crossing.

Transfer Port To Station

Our local agent is Intercruises New York. A representative will meet you at the port in conjunction with your disembarkation times for your transfer to either Penn and Grand Central Stations or Port Authority Bus Station. Please note that transfers are valid on the date of joining / leaving the ship only and are non-transferrable and non-refundable.

Single: $40.00

Thank you for the inter cruises / transfer information. I guess for 2 people it just makes sense having a dial 7 car take us(2 people ) to Penn Station.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dial 7 has various size vehicles available that may accommodate your needs if you have quite a number of luggage you need to transport...

Being a Senior too...I agree...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app