Photo Copy of birth certificate is valid?

Betzygz

No - in post #6 OP referred to a ""delay" of 4 months - not weeks --- which is even less believable. I am inclined to think OP is simply trying to build some sort of case (in his/her own mind ?) for an exception to be made.

You really should take some of these absurd posts with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Maybe not. I'm from PA (all my family still live there) and know from seeing in my hometown newspaper's on-line version that many PA residents are rushing to get passports since the state driver's licenses are not in compliance with the Real ID Act. There was an article about it a short time ago in that newspaper. As of October 10, 2017, PA residents will not even be able to fly using just a driver's license. :o Attaching link from PA's DMV page: http://www.dmv.pa.gov/Information-Centers/Identity-Security/Pages/Real-ID-Act.aspx

If there is that long of a delay, that could be part of the reason. If I were the OP, I'd still try to get an official copy of the birth certificate somehow.

I saw something posted here on CC a few months ago that if anyone is thinking of obtaining a new passport or renewing one that's expiring, to do so ASAP and well in advance of any upcoming cruise travel. The reason was the expected rush for passports from citizens of states that were not in compliance with the Real ID Act and people in those states would not be able to use driver's licenses to fly. Our passports were expired but within the time frame of only needing a renewal. My DH and I just renewed ours in July and it took less than 3 weeks to get them. So definitely worth a try for the official copy of the birth certificate.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Some of these questions about documentation make me wonder if there are some people who go buy a car without having a drivers license. I do not recall an auto dealer ever asking me if I had a license before accepting payment - and I do not suppose travel agents are certain to make requirements clear before selling a cruise.
hmmm, I bought my first car before I got a driver's license. I had a permit, but couldn't for the love of me pass the driving test in my friend's car because it was a manual. So, I went and bought a car with an automatic tranny, and then successfully passed a driving test and got my driver's license. You don't need a driver's license to BUY a car. A lot of foreign residents don't get local US driver's license, but they can still buy a car.

• 3 weeks later...