Travel Insurance

We are recently retired couple. We always get travel insurance through Royal for our cruises. Recently our insurance coverage has changed and we are only covered in a tri state area. What I would like to know , if there are travel insurance companies that cover land and cruise vacations? Are they reasonable? Do they cover international travel ( we have a Mediterranean cruise next year but going in 4 days early) ? Thank you everyone for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have started purchasing from an online broker insure my trip dot com. I can enter what is important to me and it shops many different companies and compares them side by side. For me I am concerned about medical evacuation - I know two people who had to get a medical flight home due to an accident and without the insurance it would have been 6 figures. I also select a pre existing condition waiver and cancel for work reasons. There are policies that specialize in cruise coverage. I have found them very affordable.

I was sick for 24 hours and quarantined anther 24 after. The claim for trip interrupt was fairly easy and I received a prorated reimbursement for both my husband and I that exceeded the future cruise credit offered by the cruise line.

We are recently retired couple. We always get travel insurance through Royal for our cruises. Recently our insurance coverage has changed and we are only covered in a tri state area. What I would like to know , if there are travel insurance companies that cover land and cruise vacations? Are they reasonable? Do they cover international travel ( we have a Mediterranean cruise next year but going in 4 days early) ? Thank you everyone for your help.

Try Blue Cross International, you can purchase it

by the cruise or for a full year of travel. Both on board and on land.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

t by the

Edited by deputydog
message was not finished

We have always purchased comprehensive travel insurance, but as we get older it seems the cost really increases. While we can afford that, we're not terribly worried about delayed luggage costs or some of the other coverage. We're looking into GeoBlue Trekker annual plan which covers medical and evacuation only. We also have MedJet Assist to get us to a hospital of our choice when hospitalized and stable enough to get home. We can get both of those on an annual basis for the cost of one trip comprehensive policy.

We have the GeoBlue Trekker. We have medicare which does not provide any coverage out of the US, and that policy gives us med expenses and evacuation. If we have to cancel a cruise, we lose our fare, but are willing to roll the dice.

Try GENERALI Travel Insurance (used to be CSA). Their plans are comprehensive so they cover:

1. PRE TRIP: cancellation risk [They offer a CFAR /Cancel For Any Reason option]

2. IN TRIP: interruption, baggage, medical, evac

Have found GENERALI /CSA to be the best for seniors because of their pre existing medical conditions clause allows for coverage upon final cruise deposit.

You will find that buying directly with the travel insurance provider is likely less expensive than the insurance Royal offered.