Is this possible in San Juan and if so HOW?

DADDYOFTHE7SEAZ

This is what I would like to do while docked in San Juan from 11:30am-7:00pm. Would like to see the 2 Forts would also like to see the Rainforests. Would like to stop for some Authentic Food and Adult Beverages. I've read enough to know The Forts are pretty close to the Pier. Just trying to navigate how to do this. Not sure where the Rainforest is. Is the Trolley something I take into town for food and drink. How is the best way to accomplish this? If planning The Rainforest makes it difficult I'll skip it as long as the 2 Forts and good food and drink are involved. Any help planning this would be appreciated.

Forts are easy enough. Either walking, taking the free trolley (crowded and waits for the next one) or a taxi to one then walk to the other. Look at the posts for Old San Juan Restaurants. Lots of choice all between the forts and the pier. Doing forts first then restaurants might be easier as it'll be down hill from the forts.

Here's a link to the trolley map with other information. https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/trolley-old-san-juan/

There are independent vendors offering tours to El Yunque. but I think many leave in the morning and come back in the early afternoon. If you can find something it'll probably be a minimum of 5-6 hours.

Not really possible to do "the Rainforest" if you want to do all that other stuff in San Juan. It's a good hour's drive each day to just get to the entrance of El Yunque National Forest. So, there's 2 hours of just driving. Spend maybe an hour in the car driving around, maybe a photo stop at Coca Falls (they are alongside the road). To get my "authentic food", I'd stop off at El Verde BBQ on the way back ( it's in Rio Grande on the road from El Yunque NF). Really local, dive-y but good Puerto Rican BBQ.

Just my opinion. I'm sure some have packed a "drive by" of El Yunque NF along with visiting both fortresses in OSJ, stopped in for "authentic food" and finished at Señor Frogs along the water for some "adult beverages."

Forts are easy enough. Either walking, taking the free trolley (crowded and waits for the next one) or a taxi to one then walk to the other. Look at the posts for Old San Juan Restaurants. Lots of choice all between the forts and the pier. Doing forts first then restaurants might be easier as it'll be down hill from the forts.

Here's a link to the trolley map with other information. https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/trolley-old-san-juan/

There are independent vendors offering tours to El Yunque. but I think many leave in the morning and come back in the early afternoon. If you can find something it'll probably be a minimum of 5-6 hours.

crewsweeper--Thanks so much for your response and putting me on the right track. Here's is my plan : will take taxi to furthest Fort which is El Morro then trolley down to San Cristobal. After that I have interest in this rooftop restaurant above Hotel Milano called Punto De Vista. All of this looks to be in or around the trolley map. Hope to get some walking in to see a few more sights. If back to port early enough will chill at Senor Frogs till time to sail. How does this sound? If you see anything where I may mess up please say so. It also amazes me that 300 people have viewed this and your response is the only good info I got. Once again thanks and enjoy your next CRUISE!!!!!!

I thought slidergirl's response was good. Many people are looking for answers so may not have the info you're looking for.

It's a gorgeous walk from El Morro to the other fort and you may waste time waiting for it when you could be enjoying the breezes and the view.

I went to Punta de Vista last time I was in Old San Juan and was disappointed. I used to go all the time in their old location, but to me the new location has no character and not a good view from the roof.

To me, a much cooler place is a street on the way to San Cristobol. Great mjx of locals and visitors with one bar with mostly Spanish speakers and a cigar roller. Hope it's still there, but it's still a cool place area without