Divina 8/19-26 - Amazing time!

MILEMRKR63

Good Evening!

Just retuned from the 8/19 sailing on Divina and had an amazing time. I cannot say enough positive things about this cruise and MSC. I was quite nervous about trying something new but boy o boy was I pleased!

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask and I will be glad to assist.

Did you do any speciality restaurants? We did a loyalty status match and will receive 2 dinners, and we have no idea where to go. Somebody said the steakhouse for lunch? Thanks for any info

Safe sailing

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, SB. Especially from an NCL lover!

There are a couple of Speciality restaurants onboard Divina: Eataly Steakhouse/Ristorante Italia (2 in 1) and Galaxy. We've always favoured Galaxy. I really don't care for the decor in Eataly - too bright and the plastic designer chairs make the place look cheap!

We ate at both Eately and Galaxy. I 100% agree about Galaxy. The food in Galaxy was excellent and the views from the restaurant were excellent. We found Eately good, but not great and the decor not to our liking. The plastic chairs, the overall brightness, TV's running information about the ship and overall vibe were not our style.

We booked for Seaside while on board and they gave instant onboard credit for doing so. If you booked an inside cabin for future sailing, you had to leave a 50.00 deposit on a credit card and they gave a 50.00 cabin credit for current cruise. We booked a balcony, left the 100.00 deposit ion a credit card and received a 100.00 cabin credit.

Yes, I'll second the thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed the cruise.

We are, also, new to MSC, and will be on the Divina in December. It was a hard decision to try something different from our "tried and true" favorite lines, but ... curiosity and the good reviews helped us make the leap.

And so, we very much appreciate hearing how others felt about their experience.

Did you have a hard time getting in to see the future cruise person? And, were they able to offer good deals and/or promotions, over and above the OBC?

Thanks.

Good Evening-

We waited about 20 minutes to meet with the future cruise rep. She was very nice and the only offers she had were the package with internet, cabin credit and the lunch/dinner beverage package. We secured our cabin with that and when I got home, I called and removed the package from the cruise fare. My rate dropped by about 700.00 in total. We booked for the same time frame as the cruise we were on so the rates were high. She took my credit card info and charged the initial deposit while we were with her. The next morning my booking paperwork was at my door. She did say that they would match any lower price that could be found on their site up until sailing.

Hope this helps!

. She did say that they would match any lower price that could be found on their site up until sailing.

That is very interesting because, when I enquired about booking a future cruise onboard and brought that subject up, I was told that that condition expired one month after making the booking! The Cruise Consultant even printed off the T&Cs when I queried this. Perhaps there are different T&Cs on Divina. clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

We ate at both Eately and Galaxy. I 100% agree about Galaxy. The food in Galaxy was excellent and the views from the restaurant were excellent. We found Eately good, but not great and the decor not to our liking. The plastic chairs, the overall brightness, TV's running information about the ship and overall vibe were not our style.

We booked for Seaside while on board and they gave instant onboard credit for doing so. If you booked an inside cabin for future sailing, you had to leave a 50.00 deposit on a credit card and they gave a 50.00 cabin credit for current cruise. We booked a balcony, left the 100.00 deposit ion a credit card and received a 100.00 cabin credit.

This is excellent to know!!! :DI hope they still promote this offer, we are leaving Sept 9th on the Divina.

Question was the deposit $100 pp or additional $100 on top of the normally deposit requirement??

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, SB. Especially from an NCL lover!

There are a couple of Speciality restaurants onboard Divina: Eataly Steakhouse/Ristorante Italia (2 in 1) and Galaxy. We've always favoured Galaxy. I really don't care for the decor in Eataly - too bright and the plastic designer chairs make the place look cheap!

I agree on the plastic chairs...we were almost afraid to sit on them! LOL! What was Galaxy again? I don't remember that one....is that the pizza place? We only sailed with MSC once last year, but we are sailing on the Seaside in February.

I agree on the plastic chairs...we were almost afraid to sit on them! LOL! What was Galaxy again? I don't remember that one....is that the pizza place? We only sailed with MSC once last year, but we are sailing on the Seaside in February.

No .... the Galaxy restaurant is on deck 16 and doubles as the disco!

Good Evening!

Just retuned from the 8/19 sailing on Divina and had an amazing time. I cannot say enough positive things about this cruise and MSC. I was quite nervous about trying something new but boy o boy was I pleased!

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask and I will be glad to assist.

Thanks for posting this, since I am currently considering trying MSc for the first time.

I would be interested to know some of the things you liked specifically on MSC, being used to a different cruise line yourself.

The fact you booked a future cruise says a lot! :)

Good Evening-

I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. The ship felt "sexy". I know that sounds crazy, but it just did. The marble, fabrics, leathers and colors were really nice. The I loved the diversity of passengers - we were told it was 30% US and 70% international on our sailing. The ship was spotless and the crew very eager to please and they seemed to take a genuine interest in our satisfaction. I found the food quite good and plentiful and the entertainment in the theater and lounges to be some of the best I have seen on board any cruise. The cabin decor felt upscale and the the bedding was comfortable. I likes that the announcements were kept to a minimal and it was nice to layout by the pools and not be bombarded with servers asking if I wanted a beverage constantly. I liked that there were a good variety of things to do and that each lounge had live entertainment every evening. I never felt rushed. The Spa was beautiful and the gym facility well equipted.

It just felt right to my best friend and I.

Good Evening-

I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. The ship felt "sexy". I know that sounds crazy, but it just did. The marble, fabrics, leathers and colors were really nice. The I loved the diversity of passengers - we were told it was 30% US and 70% international on our sailing. The ship was spotless and the crew very eager to please and they seemed to take a genuine interest in our satisfaction. I found the food quite good and plentiful and the entertainment in the theater and lounges to be some of the best I have seen on board any cruise. The cabin decor felt upscale and the the bedding was comfortable. I likes that the announcements were kept to a minimal and it was nice to layout by the pools and not be bombarded with servers asking if I wanted a beverage constantly. I liked that there were a good variety of things to do and that each lounge had live entertainment every evening. I never felt rushed. The Spa was beautiful and the gym facility well equipted.

It just felt right to my best friend and I.

So nice to hear - thank you for taking the time to comment so thoroughly - I really appreciate it as I'm seriously considering MSC - so the more I learn, the better !

The "it just felt right" feeling is truly wonderful, isn't it!

I know this is an unpopular question but

on the formal night did you see people just wearing button downs and ties? I am not formal in fact that is my formal lol. I am a little worried that itll be really stuffy on formal nights and i just wont fit in. My wife doesn't even own a cocktail dress she has nice dresses but not bridesmaid things lol

Good Morning-

Formal nights were well attended and the dress attire was all over the place. I saw some women in gowns while I also saw many in nice dresses. Men wore suits, some without ties while others wore dress pants and nice shirts. I rarely saw jeans in the dining room. Most nights for dinner I wore dress slacks and a polo. Formal nights I wore a suit without a tie (I wear a suite every day in my office so on vacation, I ditch the ties).

I was pleasantly surprised with the attire most wore. More were adhering to the suggested attire than I have observed on other cruise lines.

It's your vacation, where what you are comfortable in. You will be just fine.

Hope this helps.