Divina 8/19-26 - Amazing time!

MILEMRKR63

When we ate in Eately with the Black Card, it was a set tasting menu. We never got to eat in Galaxy since we were cruising with friends who were not Black Card and we did not want to not eat with them twice. Big mistake I guess....so this time, we are cruising just the two of us... no strings means we need to now pick a night to go. What was Galaxy like with the Black Card Perk. Is it also fixed items you can order?

We ate at both Eately and Galaxy. I 100% agree about Galaxy. The food in Galaxy was excellent and the views from the restaurant were excellent. We found Eately good, but not great and the decor not to our liking. The plastic chairs, the overall brightness, TV's running information about the ship and overall vibe were not our style.

We booked for Seaside while on board and they gave instant onboard credit for doing so. If you booked an inside cabin for future sailing, you had to leave a 50.00 deposit on a credit card and they gave a 50.00 cabin credit for current cruise. We booked a balcony, left the 100.00 deposit ion a credit card and received a 100.00 cabin credit.

That's a good deal! If you are going to spend $ on board anyway, why not make it count towards your next cruise as well? Are the prices for the seaside the same as you can book on-line or are they further discounted?

Thanks,

Ron

When we ate in Eately with the Black Card, it was a set tasting menu. We never got to eat in Galaxy since we were cruising with friends who were not Black Card and we did not want to not eat with them twice. Big mistake I guess....so this time, we are cruising just the two of us... no strings means we need to now pick a night to go. What was Galaxy like with the Black Card Perk. Is it also fixed items you can order?

I keep hearing how Eately only offered a set tasting menu from folks on here? Can you describe what it included? The menu we were given did not seem like a limited menu?

When we dined in Eataly on the Aug. 19-26 sailing, we were definitely given a choice of things to eat. The black card member receives an appetizer, main course and dessert. My husband and I have black status and we each had something different for each course. We dined on Sunday night, which was a formal night.

I recall it was carpaccio, a small salad , and a few pieces of very tender steak with some vegetables and a few potatoes that were roasted. It was a set fixed menu when dining with black card.

We were given the full menu while using the Black Card...never saw a limited menu.

When we dined in Eataly on the Aug. 19-26 sailing, we were definitely given a choice of things to eat. The black card member receives an appetizer, main course and dessert. My husband and I have black status and we each had something different for each course. We dined on Sunday night, which was a formal night.

We dined on Formal night too! But we also dined on one other night and then in the Italian restaurant part. Never was offered anything but the full menu.

When Voyagers Club was first instigated in July 2015 (and a lot of benefits watered down or removed altogether!) Black Card members were to only enjoy a "taster" menu in the Speciality restaurants. They have since changed this policy and now offer a (limited in our experience) choice of starter, main course and dessert in the restaurants.

We were offered a limited menu in El Sombrero Tex-Mex on Fantasia in February and, because we requested to choose something else, we never received an appetiser or dessert - that had as much to do with the service as it did with us not adhering to the regular offering!

We also received a limited 3 course choice onboard Magnifica in April 2016 (but were able to swap a couple of items out) and the Butchers' Cut on Meraviglia in June which was so good we enjoyed what was on offer.