Considering first MSC cruise-have question

jennmaybe

I couldn't find the answer to my question on the MSC website, so, I thought I'd reach out to the experts to help me!

Do you have to be 21 to book a cabin? Our daughter, who will be 20 by the cruise, wants to go and take a friend with her, but we want them to have their own cabin. Any recommendations on how to handle this? I'm sure lots of folks have the same scenario, so I'm wondering how it's handled.

Thanks!

It is easy. You book two cabins with an adult and a girl in each, then when on cruise switch places. It is often done even with younger kids.

Cool. Sounds easy enough! How will that will if we want to book a balcony cabin (that will be for hubby and me) and add the Fantastica package? We plan to book an interior for the girls near us.

Cool. Sounds easy enough! How will that will if we want to book a balcony cabin (that will be for hubby and me) and add the Fantastica package? We plan to book an interior for the girls near us.

Make sure you book the larger interiors.

It is confusing and I would call MSC. But my reading is that as long as you book the room under your name, you should be ok. This is for US departures. But it seems that they do not have to have and adult in the same cabin if they are over 18, If under 18 a person needs to be with an adult over 21. I would call MSC and get a better reading because it is confusing. Peace in your planning.

You need to read the experiences others on here have had regarding splitting the adults with the under-age. Your cruisecards will be issued according to the cabin you're booked in and MSC's policy is that they won't allow you to change who accesses the cabin afterwards.

Also, if only one cabin is Fantastica, then only one of the adults will get vouchers for alcohol.

It is confusing and I would call MSC. But my reading is that as long as you book the room under your name, you should be ok. This is for US departures. But it seems that they do not have to have and adult in the same cabin if they are over 18, If under 18 a person needs to be with an adult over 21. I would call MSC and get a better reading because it is confusing. Peace in your planning.

Yea, I found it confusing as well when I was reading it. Hubby and I were discussing everything last night and I told him I may have to call MSC.

Thank you!