Galveston September 16

Live to Dream

The cruise terminals and the city parking lots didn't flood. Cold storage warehouses needed to provision a cruise ship have never lost power here on Galveston Island. Houston airports will both be open for business by Thursday. Given all that non-scientific data I'd say you are good to go for your cruise.

Enjoy the vacation!

Shouldn't be a problem. It's a straight shot down Interstate 45. While that is somewhat flooded today, all that water should drain off fairly quickly (if the rain will stop :) ) I would not be overly concerned, but keep watching the news

I'm going to second (third?) the above. I45 is clear (as of now) and they are expecting most of the water to go away in the next few days.

While it is still horrible out there, as long as they operate the cruise, you should be able to get around. As of 8/30 1:55pm almost every freeway in Houston is passable. You can check out drivetexas.org if you are curious about closures closer to your departure date.

Now- I'm not sure about the hotel situation in Houston for you to stay at from Sept 11-16. Those might be full.