Has Anyone Not gotten a Guarantee Assignment

CruisingChick

Thanks for the follow up. IMO your experience is yet another example that using the websites (both X and TA) doesn't give 100% of the total picture with regard to available (or unavailable) inventory.

Glad it worked out for you and enjoy the cruise, choppy waters or not! :)

Or alternatively the cruise was sold out previously and they had been counting on filling the remaining GTY bookings with late cancellations (i.e. an overbooking situation) - and then allotted the OP a room when somebody cancelled (and enough ended up cancelling late that even after assigning the extant GTY's some vacancies remained to go back on sale to the general public).

Or alternatively the cruise was sold out previously and they had been counting on filling the remaining GTY bookings with late cancellations (i.e. an overbooking situation) - and then allotted the OP a room when somebody cancelled (and enough ended up cancelling late that even after assigning the extant GTY's some vacancies remained to go back on sale to the general public).

Yes, that's what crossed my mind: more late cancellations, which will probably be more common as pax decide not to take their Caribbean sailings after the hurricane devastation.

Yes, that's what crossed my mind: more late cancellations, which will probably be more common as pax decide not to take their Caribbean sailings after the hurricane devastation.

I think the OP is on a Canada/New England sailing, but I'm sure you're right about Caribbean cancellations.

Correct we are on Summit Canada/New England. Of course having said that Jose is right off the coast creating heavy surf, waves and wind for the next few days.

We never booked a cruise GTY this time we did because celebrity told us no cabins where available but we could booked a cabin GTY. So we did Aqua Class we don't know what we are up against. Thus any body knows when they usually inform you or you call them

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We never booked a cruise GTY this time we did because celebrity told us no cabins where available but we could booked a cabin GTY. So we did Aqua Class we don't know what we are up against. Thus any body knows when they usually inform you or you call them

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They can assign your cabin anytime from the day you book up until the day you sail.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

We finally got our cabin assignment on Monday afternoon, so 6 days before sailing. I can relax (I hope). They have assigned us a 2B Veranda.

Thank you for getting back to us all. Now we can relax for you! Congrats on getting the 2B. As far as I can see at this late date, there are 5 cabins left, 3 OV's a 2B and a 2A. I wonder if people cancelled because they thought the hurricanes in the Caribbean would make for choppy waters even in the north. Have a great time.