FROM Celebrity TO MSC ?

Shadow9612

Hi - I'm new to the MSC board.

I'm a regular Celebrity cruiser and posted the following thread on the Celebrity board since I'm considering trying Oceania or MSC. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53949460#post53949460

I'm receiving some responses regarding Oceania, but would appreciate if there are any MSC cruisers who used to be (or still are) also Celebrity fans. Any feedback on how you think I'd enjoy an MSC cruise compared to what I'm used to on Celebrity would be much appreciated - thanks in advance!

The suite experience on Celebrity does not give you that much more...a very nice suite...and the price is big. Oceania is a Luxury Line offering a small ship experience...with a big price tag. What you might be looking for is a big ship with a Luxury experience. I think you are looking for the MSC Yacht Club...a First Class experience on a big ship that happens to be gorgeous...at a price you could afford.

We always cruised Celebrity (Aqua Class) and the tried out MSC Yacht Club (Divina) We truly loved the experience and would only do MSC that way. Booked another for January 2018, Seaside, also in the Yacht Club. It is such a personal experience between the restaurant (Le Muse) and the excellent service from the butlers and all involved. You will not be disappointed.

We had a Sky Suite on Millennium. It didn't come anywhere near close to MSC's Yacht Club experience! In fact, it didn't even match anything we've had on an MSC ship in any cabin category. Celebrity is rated as 5 star experience and MSC a 4 star. We saw nothing 5 star about X!

The suite experience on Celebrity does not give you that much more...a very nice suite...and the price is big. Oceania is a Luxury Line offering a small ship experience...with a big price tag. What you might be looking for is a big ship with a Luxury experience. I think you are looking for the MSC Yacht Club...a First Class experience on a big ship that happens to be gorgeous...at a price you could afford.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head --- the price tag difference from Concierge to Sky Suite in Celebrity is huge (at the times I can sail), and I'm not convinced the experience would be that much better than it already is.

I'm having trouble understanding the difference between the normal MSC experience and the MSC Yacht Club. What is it that you get with the Yacht Club that makes the experience so much better than the "MSC Fantastica" level for example?

I'm having difficulty also finding the price difference on MSC Seaside for a regular balcony with Fatastica vs. MSC Yacht Club, since they are mostly sold out so pricing doesn't show (unless I'm searching wrong). Any ideas of price difference range?

Thank you so much!

I'm having difficulty also finding the price difference on MSC Seaside for a regular balcony with Fatastica vs. MSC Yacht Club, since they are mostly sold out so pricing doesn't show (unless I'm searching wrong). Any ideas of price difference range?

Thank you so much!

I think everyone who has had the Yacht Club experience will give you

lots of valid reasons for the price difference and I hope they will chime in here with their opinions and prices. To me, cruising is full of nostalgia and tradition. The cruise ships we see today are the culmination of hundreds of years of marine history. To me, the Yacht Club on MSC is like the First Class section of the classic transatlantic liners of the past. You don't really know the difference until you have had the experience.

One week on Seaside in the YC should run around $1900 pp...a bargain considering a First Class cabin onboard a transatlantic liner in the 1950's cost more than $500!!

You can book a two room suite in the Yacht Club on Divina but it will be on deck 12 with no balcony. Most of the YC pax want to be on the YC decks 15-16...but I have no problem with deck 12. The suite on deck 12 is actually bigger than the Royal Suite above in the YC.