Best Parking at Port Canaveral

richfret

Am reviewing the parking situation at Port Canaveral for our cruise since we will be driving to the terminal from Fort Myers. Any one have any suggestions for the best lot to choose. We could park at the terminal but the cost is considerably higher. Will do so if we have to. Wife uses a travel chair so that is a factor also.

We always park right at terminal....if you factor in the time it takes to load and unload at the shuttle, waiting for people, waiting for the shuttle when you get back etc...our time is worth so much more than a few extra dollars to have the car right outside the terminal in a covered, secured garage type of facility....and the porter takes our luggage right over to the car for us and loads it....on the road within minutes of leaving the terminal, can't beat it!!! ;p

Thanks every one for the replies. Looks like I will choose Park N Cruise. I have used Parking at the terminal which is very convenient but considerably more in price. Usually we use Miami or Ft Lauderdale which is only a 2 hour run but with Canaveral it is 4 hours so a few minutes more won't matter.

Cruise Critic solves another cruise problem for me. Hurray Cruise Critic.

We always park right at terminal....if you factor in the time it takes to load and unload at the shuttle, waiting for people, waiting for the shuttle when you get back etc...our time is worth so much more than a few extra dollars to have the car right outside the terminal in a covered, secured garage type of facility....and the porter takes our luggage right over to the car for us and loads it....on the road within minutes of leaving the terminal, can't beat it!!! ;p

I agree. The new parking terminals make it easy to walk right across to the terminal. I drop the fam off, park the car and back in less than 10 minutes.

I park at the terminal. I like the convenience of dropping off our luggage, parking our car in the garage at an parking slot of my choosing and then having a short walk back to the terminal. Afterwards most times the porter will take our luggage straight to our car.

It is a cost/benefit/convenience equation for me. Standing in line for the shuttles before and afterwards is not my idea of fun and I am particular about my car. I even have a car cover that I put on during a cruise while it is in a lot (garage or surface)

We also have used Park N Cruise in Merritt Island many times. I already booked them for our upcoming November cruise. I have recommended them to many others that have been very satisfied with their service. If you are not in a crunch for time the savings is definitely worth the shuttle ride.

• 2 months later...

I just saw your message but next time you cruise be aware that if you’re vehicle has the following or even close parking is free. You can even print a copy of the following links.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

DISABLED PARKING spaces are available and the fee is waived for vehicles transporting

certain persons who have disabilities that:

• Have special equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls for use by a disabled person

OR

• Display a Florida Toll Exemption Permit as explained in s. 316.1964, Florida Statutes

OR

• Display a Florida Disabled Veteran (DV) license plate issued under s. 320.084; s. 320.0842; or s. 320.0845, Florida Statutes.

Parking agents will not grant parking waivers for any other reason than the ones listed above.

http://emerginghorizons.com/florida-bound-free-cruise-parking-and-toll-exemptions-available-to-disabled-visitors/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...