Sept 8 NCL Sky cruise and Hurricane Irma

sltrawick

Has anyone called NCL to clarify when the refunds will be posted to our payment methods? I may give them a call tonight if I can squeeze in sometime and post an update of what I find out.

Good luck getting through. The phones must be hammered right now. And, I would guess many employees in Miami may already have hit the road, or are home boarding up their houses.

Please share when you find out.

Kudo's to NCL for canceling the cruises this far in advance so as not to put traveling guests in limbo or peril. I followed the Carnival site with Harvey, and they reacted somewhat slower, but no where as slow as RCL in notice of cancellation. And both of those issued a 25% credit on future sailings, not 50%. Nice job NCL.

Well done, NCL in setting the pace for getting the communications out ... very much appreciated and surely those sailing soon are thankful (most are ...) Do give FDR and Andy S. credits when it is due for their leadership :halo:

Meanwhile, travel / cruiseline stocks recovered today, it seemed, from the reactionary drop in prices ... ours invested doing very nicely over the last 5+ years (not NCL) to "subsidize" our future cruises from quarterly dividends earned. Corporate earnings are going to take a big hit for sure but safety first and doing what's right. Thanks, NCL.

Heartbreaking to watch the pictures & images coming out of St. Marrten - 4 of the most solid building damaged and widespread destructions. Please consider donations to established charity of choices to help in the relief efforts.

When did they send it to you? I haven't gotten it yet

4:20 yesterday afternoon. Are you the main contact on the booking? I am and I think was the only one in our group who received it, the rest got robocalls but no email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4:20 yesterday afternoon. Are you the main contact on the booking? I am and I think was the only one in our group who received it, the rest got robocalls but no email.

I got the robo call but no email. Is there anything special we need to do to book our next cruse at 50% off? I'm assuming they wills have it in their computer??

I got the robo call but no email. Is there anything special we need to do to book our next cruse at 50% off? I'm assuming they wills have it in their computer??

Assuming so. The email didn't have many details.

When you called, you just told them your cruise was canceled and about the 50% off? They had it in the system?

I know you were not asking me directly, however I can attest to what happened when I booked my next cruise.

First,

The booking consultant I worked with was really accommodating and knowledgeable. You will get 50% of your ORIGINAL cruise fare for missed cruise. This DOES not include any "upgrades" if you won the bid for an upgraded room, etc. So it is NOT 50% off any future booking. Just want to clarify that.

Second,

You all should be getting your refunds in the coming days. I was informed that NCL is trying to get back to normal operations since there main office from what I understand is in Florida. So, that was why there have been delays, etc.

Best of luck to everyone!

-Jim

I know you were not asking me directly, however I can attest to what happened when I booked my next cruise.

First,

The booking consultant I worked with was really accommodating and knowledgeable. You will get 50% of your ORIGINAL cruise fare for missed cruise. This DOES not include any "upgrades" if you won the bid for an upgraded room, etc. So it is NOT 50% off any future booking. Just want to clarify that.

Second,

You all should be getting your refunds in the coming days. I was informed that NCL is trying to get back to normal operations since there main office from what I understand is in Florida. So, that was why there have been delays, etc.

Best of luck to everyone!

-Jim

THANK YOU!!! I got my refund on 9-14! 👍🏼👍🏼 I also went ahead and called them and they explained everything to me. Just as you said Jim. They also told me the amount I would have towards my next cruise and I had until Sept 2018 to use. Whew!

So I called today and I'm totally confused as to the amount of my credit, we paid $639/pp for the first two passengers, $249 for our third passenger. How is it that we only have $319.50 in credit? Does only one person get the 50% credit? I tried asking but didn't really get what I considered a sufficient answer. Any help?