Irmas coming! Now what??

cruisin deb

. I don't know what the heck Disney is thinking right now.

All I can tell you is that when we were at WDW hearing nightly reports that PC would be closed as of noon on Friday, DCL was still telling us that they ship would go out on Saturday as scheduled. Obviously this was not what happened. Their biggest fault in the entire situation was the inaccurate information that DCL continued to give guests throughout the entire time period.

I imagine that within the next few days, they'll be establishing their phone lines saying things like "Guests scheduled to depart on the Fantasy on Saturday, please press 1, Guests scheduled to depart on the Dream on Friday, please press 2, etc."

Good luck to everyone in Florida!

Very scary storm ! Prayers to the islands and Florida[emoji1374]

Cat 5 185 mph winds[emoji33]

I'm following common sense and not waiting for word from the arrogant DC.

We are family of 15 flying into Orlando sept 10-Sunday reserved on Dream out of PC Monday sept 11th, I'm thinking this isn't going to happen.

If PC closed, Tampa closed, and Orlando airport not operating Sunday - what does one expect.

Trying to negotiate a shorter cancellation period with our prepaid airport hotel given hardship as a justification - policy says 3 days.

Stay safe all!❤️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From DCL's site...

"

Tropical Weather Update

September 5, 2017 – 7:30 p.m.

Based on the projected path of Hurricane Irma, including its expected impact on the Caribbean and Bahamas, Disney Cruise Line is making the following adjustments to itineraries:

Disney Fantasy

The September 2 cruise of the Disney Fantasy is currently sailing a modified Western Caribbean itinerary and is expected to return to Port Canaveral two days earlier than planned on Thursday, September 7. Guests on this sailing will be refunded two nights of their voyage fare and provided a 25 percent discount on a future cruise, which may be booked by calling 1-855-347-2784 or 407-566-7054 from September 18, 2017, through October 18, 2017.

The September 9 sailing of the Disney Fantasy is cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for the cruise booking. Guests are invited to book a future cruise at a 25 percent discount by calling us at 1-855-347-2784 or 407-566-7054 from September 18, 2017, through October 18, 2017.

While we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our guests and crew. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Irma and provide updates as necessary.

Disney Dream

The September 4 cruise of the Disney Dream is sailing a modified Bahamian cruise itinerary and will return to Port Canaveral one day earlier than planned on Thursday, September 7. Guests on this sailing will be refunded one night of their voyage fare and provided a 25 percent discount on a future cruise, which may be booked by calling 1-855-347-2784 or 407-566-7054 from September 18, 2017, through October 18, 2017.

The September 8 and September 11 sailings of the Disney Dream are cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for the cruise booking. Guests are invited to book a future cruise at a 25 percent discount by calling us at 1-855-347-2784 or 407-566-7054 from September 18, 2017, through October 18, 2017.

While we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our guests and crew. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Irma and provide updates as necessary."