End of Cruise Survey

yuvraj

For us, Dining Room Service and Stateroom Service are very rarely other than 10.
Agreed. Your waiters and stewards are constantly asking what else they can do for you. If the service wasn't a 10, I see it as my own fault for not saying something and giving them the chance to earn it. Being dissatisfied and then keeping quiet about until you get home really isn't fair to the cruise line.

Frankly, I detest surveys for this very reason. If the experience isn't up to expectations, I say something about it. Only when the handling of such an incident is entirely unacceptable do I follow up with an unfavorable survey or comment letter.

As a student of statistics, I can say these surveys are pretty useless. Particularly since the MDR staff practically begs you for a 10. Not only that but some of the questions are open to the wrong person getting "dinged" for a problem.

Unless there was some sort of serious problem, I usually don't bother with the ratings and just fill in the comments.

The motive behind this question was to gauge what aspects CC members consistently rated RCL highly and which disappointed.

For me, over the years ...

Entertainment has sometimes disappointed and individual acts scored low when this was the case.

MDR service has declined as a general trend. By that I mean quality and competence of wait staff and overall MDR experience. I am looking at past 30 yrs plus recent comparison with other lines.

Food in MDR in terms of menu choice and quality has declined and it would be rare for me to rate this highly these days. There was a time when I would consistently score it 10.

For me stateroom attendants have consistently scored highly.

I have usually rated WJ highly because choice is superior to other lines I have been on.

This is all down to personal perceptions and individual experiences. We are not all going to agree but it is an interesting topic of discussion nonetheless.

I had a bad experience with a staff member accusing me of something that I had not done, so I wrote it in on my survey. I expected to at least get an email or a phone call saying that they were sorry that I was treated in such a manner.

I received nothing. Because of that, I feel that these surveys are worthless. Most of the cruise was great, and we're easy to please for the most part, but i detest being accused of wrong doing, and it REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not holding it against the cruiseline, and I understand that on the last day (when this occurred) everyone is stressed out and things happen, but at the time, I was seeing red.

Rant finished.... :)

I had a bad experience with a staff member accusing me of something that I had not done, so I wrote it in on my survey. I expected to at least get an email or a phone call saying that they were sorry that I was treated in such a manner.

I received nothing. Because of that, I feel that these surveys are worthless. Most of the cruise was great, and we're easy to please for the most part, but i detest being accused of wrong doing, and it REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not holding it against the cruiseline, and I understand that on the last day (when this occurred) everyone is stressed out and things happen, but at the time, I was seeing red.

Rant finished.... :)

I have a few bad experiences that I felt the need to complain and for me the best approach was to email to Crown and Anchor.

For us, Dining Room Service and Stateroom Service are very rarely other than 10.
I agree with this. We've only had one attendant in 30+ cruises that drove me nuts complaining about the company and yet he did a fantastic job. He's the only one I remember not giving a ten.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If I have had excellent service I make sure to write down each person's name so that I can specifically name them on the survey. It is my understanding it helps them with promotions etc.

Whether or not that is true I don't know but I want to be sure those wonderful people are recognized.

Happy Sailing everyone!!!

Not too long ago, they gave you a card at embarkation that you could fill out and give to a particular employee who went above and beyond to provide superior service. The employee would be able to redeem any they received from passengers for meaningful gifts. Too bad they stopped this program.

I rated almost everything a 10 on the last cruise (Grandeur). Maybe everything wasn't a 10, but close enough.

EXCEPT the ship ran out of one spirit. It is listed in the cocktail menu, along with a cocktail made with it. But nope, after the first few days, NONE on board. And even after a port stop, they did not pick any up.

MAJOR failure on the provisioning department, I gave a 2 on that.

Probably won't make a difference.

I dislike the fact that under the comments sections, there is no place to make a negative comment. I've started adding any negatives I have as the second paragraph in commenting on the good things they ask for. Obviously, one can give a category low ratings (and I have almost never felt the need), but I'd like a spot to indicate areas that were annoying (like the previous posters' comment on a specific spirit not being on board) without downgrading the the entire category. Not having a spot for "suggestions" or "where did we fall short?" leads me to conclude that they really don't care.