Walking from Cabin 5140 to the opposite side of the ship, or aft.

HvySeezFcstr

Newbie question.

Have to reduce solar radiation on my skin so may need to move from the balcony in Cabin 5140 on MS Westerdam to the opposite side of the ship on an open deck or aft to find some shade, I assume that would be the Promenade deck?. Need directions how to do this, I prefer the stairs, but will take the slow elevator.

Newbie question.

Have to reduce solar radiation on my skin so may need to move from the balcony in Cabin 5140 on MS Westerdam to the opposite side of the ship on an open deck or aft to find some shade, I assume that would be the Promenade deck?. Need directions how to do this, I prefer the stairs, but will take the slow elevator.

Here are the deck plans to help you figure out the directions.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/deckplans/we.pdf

5140 is a few doors from the stairwell. Out your cabin door and to the right (aft).

You are on deck 5, so down 2 decks to deck 3, the walk around deck (Promenade Deck), with loungers (nice!) or up to deck 9 where there should be some shade aft.

Have a nice cruise and keep well.

Here are the deck plans to help you figure out the directions.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/deckplans/we.pdf

The problem is that those deck plans don't show where the promenade doors are.

OP: go down two flights on the stairs just around the corner from your room. I think the door to the promenade on the starboard side is right next to the Women's rest room, so at the bottom of the stairs go left and then a quick right and left.

5140 is a few doors from the stairwell. Out your cabin door and to the right (aft).

You are on deck 5, so down 2 decks to deck 3, the walk around deck (Promenade Deck), with loungers (nice!) or up to deck 9 where there should be some shade aft.

Have a nice cruise and keep well.

Thanks for the info and the tip on Deck 9 having shade aft!

Thanks for the info and the tip on Deck 9 having shade aft!

Deck 9, aft: Not much shade, depends on the time of the day. Close to the doors from the Lido aft onto the deck there is usually some shade. I'd suggest walking around the decks when it is dark and seeing what might work for you at various times of the day.

Doors to the Promenade Deck are always very close to the staircases.