Harmony altered cruise details just received

Tony20

I be flying from London tomorrow first thing, what are the chances RCL Will compensate me for the hotel stay before I cruise for the 4 day, I just spoke to an operator and she's no help what so ever, she claims no manager is around til 3 and half hours later. I'm stuck in limbo as I've chose to stay in Miami a few days before the cruise.

Please, please check out the hurricane approaching Southern FL. I don't think you will have problem getting a hotel because most are evacuating for the weekend. Please check the weather and contact the hotel to see how Hurricane proof they are or if they would require you to evacuate to a shelter. I hope and pray this storm starts going North but please check on your current arrangements and be safe.

Pardon if this is a stupid question, say hurricane Irma arrives at Fort Lauderdale tomorrow and your cruise ship is suppose to be boarding and leaving tomorrow, is it then cancelled? How early will you hear from the cruise line about cancellation? Just wondering because I will be cruising, without my parents, for the first time in the near future and would like to be prepared, in the event something like this happens.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

Pardon if this is a stupid question, say hurricane Irma arrives at Fort Lauderdale tomorrow and your cruise ship is suppose to be boarding and leaving tomorrow, is it then cancelled? How early will you hear from the cruise line about cancellation? Just wondering because I will be cruising, without my parents, for the first time in the near future and would like to be prepared, in the event something like this happens.

No hard and fast rules, but it a hurricane is bearing down on the port, they could cancel, or they could stay at sea and come back to the port in a couple of days (as long as damage is minimal) and do a shortened cruise.

No hard and fast rules, but it a hurricane is bearing down on the port, they could cancel, or they could stay at sea and come back to the port in a couple of days (as long as damage is minimal) and do a shortened cruise.

If the cruiseline decides to shorten my cruise, will they compensate me at all?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

RCl's website advisory states that the FCC must be applied to a future cruise within 30 days. See the following link.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=10

I didn't realize that they were giving the MJ passengers their money back. Strange then that the other cruises folks are getting a 100% FCC instead if they cancel

And staying in Miami for a few days is beyond a bad idea it's borderline suicidal. This is a category five hurricane considered to be the strongest one to ever hit the United States in the history and you would be at Ground Zero that is not a viable option

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not to belittle this storm but hopefully it wont be the strongest ever to hit the mainland US. There isn't 100% that it will hit Miami direct with the strongest winds. Here's to hope that it will drop Cat's, shift north sooner so will only skirt Florida. As bad as Katrina was as a strong Cat 5 by time it made landfall was a Cat 3. I have family in Texas, they were hit direct with Harvey winds, but didn't do much damage to house except roof and fence. When flooding happened they weren't in lowlands, ran to gas station to meet cousins and ended up taking in 18 strangers and 7 dogs into their house... Prayers for all...

Thanks for your help Linda

Please, please check out the hurricane approaching Southern FL. I don't think you will have problem getting a hotel because most are evacuating for the weekend. Please check the weather and contact the hotel to see how Hurricane proof they are or if they would require you to evacuate to a shelter. I hope and pray this storm starts going North but please check on your current arrangements and be safe.

I be flying from London tomorrow first thing, what are the chances RCL Will compensate me for the hotel stay before I cruise for the 4 day, I just spoke to an operator and she's no help what so ever, she claims no manager is around til 3 and half hours later. I'm stuck in limbo as I've chose to stay in Miami a few days before the cruise.

OMG bless you hope you fare well here....

Tony20

Been following your posts as you sound like a reliable barometer . We are also booked on Harmony and we all would have been in MUSTER drill at this time... I will be checking on your posts regarding the storms progression in FL and praying for everyone.. we too IF conditions allow we be coming in for TUESDAY.. but we do understand if infrastructure damages etc do now allow then we will be rebooking. We shared your thoughts on the experience with an emptier ship and basically sailing for free.

In speaking with RCCL representative today, the October 7th sailing of the Harmony, St. Martin on the 10th has been replaced with St. Kitts. the 11th and 12th remain the same with San Juan and Labadee. I also received an email from RCCL with the change in itinerary.