HAL Laundry

Maureenxx

We recently used unlimited laundry services on the Koningsdam for a 14 day cruise and it was well worth it, I will never go without again. We use the fitness center and it was great to not leave sweaty clothes in the room. We sent out a bag about every other day and it always came back promptly and in great shape.

We pay to dry clean anything delicate. They are really good with the dry cleaning. One time a waiter spilled red wine all over a sweater twin set I had on. They cleaned it and it was amazing -- the set looked brand-new.

I only send real wash-and-dry stuff to the regular laundry. I also do the same as another poster here -- alternate bags of whites and darks on different days, "just in case."

We always mark "Cold water, please" on the form for all our laundry, and have never had a problem. Once a button was lost, but also, two or three times, a button has been replaced (I noticed because the button didn't match the others).

We love it when, much later, we come across a laundry tag on an item at home! :D A nice memento.

What's your experience with HAL laundry? Do things come back in good shape? Are there items you would advise not to send to laundry? Do you think they wash everything in hot water and if so what is the effect? Shrinkage, fading. Thanks for input to a new laundry user.

We havehave used them pond two past cruises and loved it. No issues with the condition of clothes returned,got them back usually within 24 hours. Use the free shoe shine,my shoes looked wonderful. Worth the money for the laundry package as it is for the cabin,not per person.

Terri aka Augie's mom