Future Cruise Offer today?

CruiseLifeIsTheBest

Anyone cruising today happen to know the offer? Trying to decide whether to book a 2018 now or wait until we board in October. Last flyer I saw ended yesterday so wondered if there was a change today. Thinking the price may go up before then so calculating the gamble.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Anyone cruising today happen to know the offer? Trying to decide whether to book a 2018 now or wait until we board in October. Last flyer I saw ended yesterday so wondered if there was a change today. Thinking the price may go up before then so calculating the gamble.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I also would love to know since will hopefully be boarding on 9/25 assuming the Miami port is not still shut down by Irma damage.

In August, the on-board booking included 2 perks while the on-land booking only included 1 perk; so the on-board booking deal was the same price as on-land, but included 1 more perk plus the regular on-board booking OBC bonus - a great deal!

Today I noticed that for on-land bookings, prices generally increased some; but perks increased from 1 to 2 - with the benefit of the 2nd perk generally a little greater than the price increase.

Assuming that the September on-board booking has the same new prices as on-land and keeps the 2 perks, then the difference between on-land and on-board will only be the regular on-board booking OBC bonus. Still a savings but not as great a deal as it was in August.

I also would love to know since will hopefully be boarding on 9/25 assuming the Miami port is not still shut down by Irma damage.

In August, the on-board booking included 2 perks while the on-land booking only included 1 perk; so the on-board booking deal was the same price as on-land, but included 1 more perk plus the regular on-board booking OBC bonus - a great deal!

Today I noticed that for on-land bookings, prices generally increased some; but perks increased from 1 to 2 - with the benefit of the 2nd perk generally a little greater than the price increase.

Assuming that the September on-board booking has the same new prices as on-land and keeps the 2 perks, then the difference between on-land and on-board will only be the regular on-board booking OBC bonus. Still a savings but not as great a deal as it was in August.

My above current on-land perks comments are regarding the new "The World is Open Sale" which Celebrity says is available for "almost any" sailing from October 2017 through April 2019 booked by September 30th. Although not mentioned in the sale's overview boiler plate, the included Better 2-perks offer appears to be for Oceanview through Aqua Class cabins.

And for the 2018 and 2019 cruises I have looked at, there is still no 0-perk 55+ fare for comparison shopping.

We booked in August on Equinox. They were giving only 1 perk and OBC for booking on board. Not 2 perks!!!!!!

We booked in August on Equinox. They were giving only 1 perk and OBC for booking on board. Not 2 perks!!!!!!

Just follow the link in the previous post to the August onboard sales offer. Depending on the stateroom category you receive one or two perks (CC and above receive two).

Not correct, the perks offered are the same whether onboard or on land. We booked when aboard Reflection last month, one for early 2018 which had 2 perks the other for Dec. 2018 had only 1 perk. The advantage is always the same lower deposit and bonus obc, that's very unlikely too change.

Edited by mickey89

Not correct, the perks offered are the same whether onboard or on land. We booked when aboard Reflection last month, one for early 2018 which had 2 perks the other for Dec. 2018 had only 1 perk. The advantage is always the same lower deposit and bonus obc, that's very unlikely too change.

Hum..the flyer sure leads you to believe 2 perks for Aqua. I was looking at an Aqua over the weekend and it was only one. Of course now it's 2 but more expensive. Guess it's in the fine print 😢

The following is from Celebrity's on-board booking website:

We've just extended our best offer.

Advise your guests sailing onboard a Celebrity Cruise that the Free Go Better promotion is ONLY available while booking onboard. Your guests get the additional perk on our Go Big! promotion available EXLUSIVELY onboard plus up to $500 additional onboard credit.

I was tracking a January 2019 New Zealand cruise and a September 2018 cruise during August - the on-land website only offered the 1 perk Big for these cruises while the on-board booking website promised to give the 2-perk Go Big deal plus the standard on-board booking OBC benefi for bookings from August 1st to September 5th.. Cannot tell you what actually happened on board since I was not there.

Hum..the flyer sure leads you to believe 2 perks for Aqua. I was looking at an Aqua over the weekend and it was only one. Of course now it's 2 but more expensive. Guess it's in the fine print 😢

The flyer was only for on-board bookings through September 5th; were you looking at the on-land website over the weekend? At that time the on-land "Summer Savings Event" offer was the 1-perk Big which has now been replaced by the 2-perks Better "The World is Open" offer. For the 2 cruises that I have been tracking, the prices increased by $150 pp since they eliminated the supposed $150 savings discount of the "Summer Savings Event" when they added the 2nd perk with the "The World is Open."

Do they offer anything on Transatlantic cruises if I book onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's part of the fine print from the on-board booking flyer:

Cruise must be booked 8/1/17 – 9/05/17. Offer applies to select 4-night and longer cruises. Offer excludes Galapagos, repositioning, transatlantic, and transpacific cruises. Some international policies differ, please see theFuture Cruise Vacations team for more info.

Perhaps, even without this offer, they may still give some OBC benefit. Hopefully other can say.

mickey89 - perhaps the above comment regarding international policies explains why you did not receive the same benefits.

The flyer was only for on-board bookings through September 5th; were you looking at the on-land website over the weekend? At that time the on-land "Summer Savings Event" offer was the 1-perk Big which has now been replaced by the 2-perks Better "The World is Open" offer. For the 2 cruises that I have been tracking, the prices increased by $150 pp since they eliminated the supposed $150 savings discount of the "Summer Savings Event" when they added the 2nd perk with the "The World is Open."

Yes, on-land website. I was looking to add all 4 perks so when I compare now doing just 2 perks and adding the cost of the other 2 it's about $35 cheaper so may just roll the dice and book onboard with the 2 perks (assuming it's still 2 in October) and takes advantage on the OBC offer.

Yes, on-land website. I was looking to add all 4 perks so when I compare now doing just 2 perks and adding the cost of the other 2 it's about $35 cheaper so may just roll the dice and book onboard with the 2 perks (assuming it's still 2 in October) and takes advantage on the OBC offer.

Website says "The World is Open" offer is through September 30th, but you may get luck and see an extension.

Where is the best place to check on line for the pricing without any promo? I'd love to be able to compare pricing. Thanks.

In general - for 2018 on - Celebrity no longer offers discounted 0-perk fares for cabins with standard fares that include 1 or more complementary perks.

About the only way to do comparisons now is by comparing across different cruise lines with similar quality ships and cabins on similar itineraries.