2 Adults and a toddler in 2 Passenger Stateroom?

babydealshunter

Is it possible to book 2 adults and a toddler in a 2 passenger stateroom?

Our preferred stateroom class only has 2 passenger staterooms available online (when I select 3 passengers, the category is sold out). I don't mind paying for the toddler as a 3rd passenger, its just that no 3/4 passenger staterooms are available when I check online.

I think I know the answer, just hopeful thinking...

When I inquired while sailing with an infant, I was told no. Safety was cited as the reason as it would impact the muster/lifeboat capacity.

That's been my understanding as well. Ships count every person regardless of age. So 2 adults and an infant or 2 adults and a toddler is three persons so requires a 3-4 person cabin.

In my experience usually the cruise line won't allow extra passengers in rooms beyond their passenger capacity. We have a toddler as well as we were not able to book a room and just put her in with us. It's due to the manifest and safety regulations. We would have to book two adjoining rooms to accommodate.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Interesting because I wanted to do that with my daughter but they wouldn't let us. We had to get a larger room or adjoining.

We sailed Princess in January and our daughter (who was 2 at the time) stayed in a 2 passenger room with my husband and I. She slept in a pack and play.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting because I wanted to do that with my daughter but they wouldn't let us. We had to get a larger room or adjoining.

Was that on Princess or a different cruise line? It also may depend on who you are talking to at the time of booking maybe ??? I've found some reps to be more accommodating than others.

Was that on Princess or a different cruise line? It also may depend on who you are talking to at the time of booking maybe ??? I've found some reps to be more accommodating than others.

Yes it was Princess.

Check on your roll call... you might be able to register one person in with someone else. It's been done and is legal as long as each person has a berth. Of course you would have to pay the fare. The room keys and accounts are easy to settle with the front desk. Families do this often with no issues. m--

Check on your roll call... you might be able to register one person in with someone else. It's been done and is legal as long as each person has a berth. Of course you would have to pay the fare. The room keys and accounts are easy to settle with the front desk. Families do this often with no issues. m--

Thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated!