Ballroom dancing on the Quest

Boo2

My husband and I are considering a cruise on the Quest over Xmas; we are both avid dancers and plan our cruises based on the dancing opportunities on board.

Can anyone tell me what the present dancing opportunities are on the Quest? We don't want to book the cruise and then be disappointed. I did do a search for other threads on this topic but couldn't find anything recent.

Thanks so much.

Hi Boo2. There will be a ballroom dance couple (I think it's Alexey and Alina on Quest at the moment) who are part of the entertainment cast. They will run a before lunch group dance class for free on a number of days concentrating on a different dance each day. There is also the opportunity to have private lessons with them if you wish. Around $75 per hour. They also have pre-show dancing in the evening a couple of times each cruise. The free dance class and pre-dinner dancing is in the Cabaret Lounge. The lesson if you want one could be held elsewhere depending upon timing. If it is Alexey and Alina they are a really nice couple.

Phil

Once in a blue moon we've seen the orchestra play live music for ballroom dancing, but it's not the norm. There isn't a house band that plays nightly. As I recall, the pre-show dancing is usually unhosted recorded music.

Years ago (2009), we were able to dance in the disco and the DJ was amenable to playing whatever the dancers requested. Now that it's the Living Room, I don't know if you'd have the same opportunity, since we just missed seeing Quest's refurbishment.

Hi Boo2. There will be a ballroom dance couple (I think it's Alexey and Alina on Quest at the moment) who are part of the entertainment cast. They will run a before lunch group dance class for free on a number of days concentrating on a different dance each day. There is also the opportunity to have private lessons with them if you wish. Around $75 per hour. They also have pre-show dancing in the evening a couple of times each cruise. The free dance class and pre-dinner dancing is in the Cabaret Lounge. The lesson if you want one could be held elsewhere depending upon timing. If it is Alexey and Alina they are a really nice couple.

Phil

Yes I agree Phil they are a lovely couple, we aren't ballroom dancers but we do enjoy the dance classes as we would like to be.

They each came and invited us to partner them one evening in the lounge, nerve racking but enjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums