Buying bottles of liquor on board

samscruiser

I plan on sending myself a "gift" bottle of liquor to the cabin. Does anyone know if that one dries up, can you purchase bottle (liter) quantities from a ship bar and take to your cabin? How does that cost compare to sending the "gift" bottles?

94 Fantasy - Bahamas

95 Fantasy - Bahamas

02 Inspiration - West Carrib

03 Sensation - Exotic West Carrib

04 Royal Princess - European Explorer

Remember though that if you are counting on having a cocktail at sail-away you won't have your liquor yet. Room service won't deliver until after the ship is out to sea and sometimes it is the next day before they will deliver.

Since we usually only get a couple of bottles we go ahead and get it sent as a gift so it is waiting in our cabin for us when we get there. We figure it is worth the $2 premium to have our sail-away cocktails. icon_wink.gif

Jerry

Grand Princess 11/04; Coral Princess 11/03; Nordic Empress 3/03; Royal Princess 7/02; Inspiration 11/01; Ocean Princess 3/01; Galaxy 11/99; Destiny 11/97; Sensation 2/97

"I plan on sending myself a "gift" bottle of liquor to the cabin."

We do that too, always have, always will.

It's a great idea and lots of fun too. In addition, I like the idea of sending us a Bon Voyage gift from time to time in the weeks and months preceeding each cruise. It's worth the reported couple bucks extra to have more of our onboard expenses paid upfront rather than at the end of the cruise.

Good for you for being upfront and playing by the rules too.

While I've "smuggled" alcoholic beverages (box, not approved bottle, of wine for DW) onboard before it's a warm fuzzy feeling knowing I don't have to be looking over my shoulder, waiting for the booze gestapo to bust me. We'll bring on, in open view, some soft drinks not offered on board and if they want to slap me around for it, so be it; DD needs that Dr Pepper!

That's all very nice and lovely of me to say but you can chuck it all right overboard if I thought I could make it onboard with a case of Heineken!

Still, since I am sending bottles of booze to myself I, of course, think you are a genius for doing so also. The above poster who notes that it will be in our stateroom waiting for us while those slackers who waited to order onboard are tapping their toes waiting for room service is also wise.

Happy Cruising

Chris

Chris@LifeIsCruising.com

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

I must confess that I’m not ordering it because of a pure heart. I’ve been a smuggler in the past when we were driving to port. This is more due to necessity since we have to get to Great Britain first. But I have to say that for the price, it’s not really worth smuggling. Maybe I can consider myself a reformed smuggler. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks everyone for your help!

94 Fantasy - Bahamas

95 Fantasy - Bahamas

You would also tip when it was delievered even if you pre-ordered it as it is rarely waiting in your cabin for you unless you arrive very late to the ship.

A word of caution about purchasing bottles of liquor over the bars, for some reason the price is much higher when not ordered through room service.

Email: LoveCruisinFor2@yahoo.com

Caribbean Princess 8/14/04

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

Toto, did you find different prices for the same size bottle? The room service packages (liquor plus mixers) are usually a 375 ml bottle, while bar purchases are a 1 litre bottle. Can you order larger bottles, or items that aren't on the room service list via room service?

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

The order form on the "gift" sheet says that the price includes gratuity. They must round it up since everything is even $'s or 50c. That might explain the slight difference between room service price and "gift price". One includes gratuity the other doesn't.

94 Fantasy - Bahamas

95 Fantasy - Bahamas

OK, you all have finally hit the topic dear to my heart: how to be ready to prepare that first great balcony drink. We just ordered a liter of rum and a liter of vodka from guest services...and felt so embarassed for ordering so much. Thanks to y'all we no longer feel guilty as we are not alone! What a wonderful message board.

This link should take you to the page where you can see what's offered and the prices. There is then a link to an order form which you can fill out, fax, or mail to them.

http://www.princess.com/onboard/sendagift/liquor.html

94 Fantasy - Bahamas

95 Fantasy - Bahamas

You may also call the 800 number and give your order to a Princess representative.

While we were placing our order we told the representative about how much fun we were having reading the posts on this board as well as how devoted to Princess many of the posters tend to be.

Talking to a "Princess person" adds a little icing to the "cake of sailing anticipation".

Archived