Verizon in Cozumel

Defender1791

For those with the Verizon unlimited plans, the plan says we are covered in Mexico. It shows Cozumel to be covered as well. Just looking for feedback as to the quality of the cell/data there. We're going to be there Friday. Thanks guys.

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

For those with the Verizon unlimited plans, the plan says we are covered in Mexico. It shows Cozumel to be covered as well. Just looking for feedback as to the quality of the cell/data there. We're going to be there Friday. Thanks guys.

We were in Cozumel on the 5th and on the 8th, we had great cell/data service on the 5th however on the 8th we couldn't get anything. Good luck.

We had great cell service when we were there last in March. I wonder if it was bad on the 8th because of the storm...

I'm thinking it was bad on the 8th because there were so many ships in port due to the storm. There were at least 5 ships there when we were ported to replenish. I know lots were trying to contact family, we were never able to due to no service. Some were trying to get flights back home.

I'm thinking it was bad on the 8th because there were so many ships in port due to the storm. There were at least 5 ships there when we were ported to replenish. I know lots were trying to contact family, we were never able to due to no service. Some were trying to get flights back home.

I feel so bad for everyone whose cruises were affected. I can't imagine the panic there must be on those ships.

Update: Verizon service in Cozumel on September 15th was just fine. As soon as we turned off airplane mode, we received a text from Verizon saying welcome to Mexico, reminding us that our talk, text, and data was included there. The signal icons on all our devices showed up as roaming. We had service while out on the boat during our all day snorkeling trip. I didn't use the data. But, my son was able to Livestream on Instagram. Who knows what the quality was on the receiving end. Anyway, there's some more feedback for Verizon in Cozumel.