Favorite Port?

BahamaMama1214

As far as favorite ports, Grenada and Barbados come to mind in the Mediterranean, as well as Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao (ABC Islands). In the Med, Mykonos, Santorini and Venice; in Alaska, Juneau and Vancouver. (Glacier Bay isn't a "port", but if it were, I'd rank it right up near the very top.)

Bora Bora and Moorea which are islands of French Polynesia are some of my favorites. Carnival only sail there twice a year on the Legend transpacific.

cc9861b7657b455558e036c4f41dbb89.jpg this is from Moorea

b1dee2d14d33fc19404f84b567183b3b.jpg and this is Bora Bora.

Fiji is also nice Suva especially. If you head away from Suva City to the coral coast it is quite nice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. Great photographs.

We are looking at a southern but we're still not sure. For those who said Aruba and Curacao, what do you like about them?

Aruba is very safe and the beaches are amazing. We did not go to the beach in Curacao and did not like it as much as Aruba. Next time we would do a beach there too.

As far as favorite ports, Grenada and Barbados come to mind in the Mediterranean, as well as Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao (ABC Islands). In the Med, Mykonos, Santorini and Venice; in Alaska, Juneau and Vancouver. (Glacier Bay isn't a "port", but if it were, I'd rank it right up near the very top.)

Mykonos and Santorini are both beautiful islands. I've never sailed them, but I've been there many, many years ago.

There are ferries running several times a day from St Martin to St Barts, it's only about 20 miles.

May I correct you and say "There used to be ferries running several times day from St. Martin to St. Barts"

Haven't you been watching the news. These Islands are devastated from Hurricane Irma.:loudcry: