Final payment

yummysbakery

I have final payment due for a cruise in Jan due tomorrow through a ta located in Miami. So I'm wondering if I should try to contact Ncl regarding payment as I am sure my ta will not be able to be reached. I would assume Ncl will not cancel reservations made by ta because payment is not received on time but what's your opinion?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

NCL will not be able to help you.

You need to deal with the TA.

As far as cancellations, assume nothing. The terms are the terms. The computer probably handles it all anyway. Nobody sits there with a hatchet cancelling cruises that missed final payment.

Get ahold of your TA.

I our experience with TAs - the final payment date has always been at least a week prior to NCL final payment date - that may be the case with yours - you should be able to check NCLs final payment date by doing a mock booking.

Does your TA have an online presence? Can they accept payment in that fashion? Try sending an email to your TA - they may be working remotely if they are a larger company.

I agree with the previous poster, NCL has computers to monitor payments and dates - so the issues in Miami would not impact that process.

I have final payment due for a cruise in Jan due tomorrow through a ta located in Miami. So I'm wondering if I should try to contact Ncl regarding payment as I am sure my ta will not be able to be reached. I would assume Ncl will not cancel reservations made by ta because payment is not received on time but what's your opinion?

I have a cruise on Jan 5th and final payment is October 7th Usally final payment is 90 days from cruise date with ncl,

Your Ta probably has a 120 days final payment policy , You are probably at final payment stage with you TA not ncl Go to " MY NCL " click on vacation summary and check your final payment due date on the right side

If you are trying to cancel that cruise, you could try calling your credit card company. They should be able to block the payment.

* they are trying to make a payment, not cancel

* the TA might have some artificial payment date, but as others have said, your payment is not yet due.

* You will be fine. The TA does not want to see your cruise cancelled. They want your money.

NCL's Miami office is closed due to evacuation, but their call center is open - run remotely ... business continuity planning to maintain its operations.

Aside from emailing them, have you tried calling them - do they have voice mail and call forwarding? Latest news report - about 2.3 million lost electricity in the Miami area from Irma, restoration & recovery could take days, if not weeks.

Just about every businesses knew about Irma coming for days and should've put in place a minimal contingency plan ... and, for a well-established TA, customer services are vital and essential during crisis time.

When we traveled overseas, we could get in touch with our US-based TA 24/7 and with their local reps or agents abroad, for routine matters of help and for emergencies. Perhaps, it's time for shop around to find another T/A to work on your travel needs.

That seems early for a January cruise. Mine isn't due until the end of the month for a January 5th cruise. And that's the early final payment date the TA set for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a haven payment so due 120 days prior

...Just about every businesses knew about Irma coming for days and should've put in place a minimal contingency plan ... and, for a well-established TA, customer services are vital and essential during crisis time.

Some TA might be too small to be open 24/7, but they should at least have a webpage where they can post an update or a Facebook page. Folks do not need to be that technical to have the basics.

I understand they may not be up and ready, but a simple post on the web would assure folks like this they would be okay with a delayed payment.

NCL will not help you.

most travel agents do not accept online credit card payments, you always have to either phone them or email them

Is this true? Surely the big box TAs take online payments? So saying "most" is probably not the best description. As I don't know what TA the OP used, that's why the question was posed.

Is this true? Surely the big box TAs take online payments? So saying "most" is probably not the best description. As I don't know what TA the OP used, that's why the question was posed.

i have a big box TA, they do not accept online credit cards. Only phone or email.

If there is one takeaway from this thread...

Everyone knows that you don't fly in the day of the cruise...just in case something unforeseen occurs.

The same lesson should be applied to making final payment. IOW, don't make your final payment on the last possible day...just in case something unforeseen occurs.

If there is one takeaway from this thread...

Everyone knows that you don't fly in the day of the cruise...just in case something unforeseen occurs.

The same lesson should be applied to making final payment. IOW, don't make your final payment on the last possible day...just in case something unforeseen occurs.

That's why some agents require it well before the 90 days.

That's why some agents require it well before the 90 days.

Shouldn't matter when an agent, or the cruise line, "requires" final payment, the lesson is the same: Don't wait until the last minute to take care of it...you never know what might happen.