Possible change in embarkation port - need clarification

nicecruiser

Princess is now showing the change on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! So much for Princess notifying it's booked passengers about the change...

By the way, if you click on the San Antonio hyperlink in the itinerary, it still shows port information for Valparaiso.

I had a transfer tour from Santiago to Valpo wit ha drop off at the dock planned for Feb. 14 Emerald princess cruise. My tour operator knows about the change to San Antonio and has offered the same tour with a drop off in san Antonio. But it now costs $40 more per person.

I am assuming the local tour operators will be rearranging their tour offerings to accommodate the people now coming and going from San Antonio. They will react far faster than Princess.

It's over an hour drive each way my operator tells me. Google agrees, although operator is more conservative. Our day trip to Valp is costing more, but we booked it from San Antonio in anticipation of the change and we know the transportation add-on in case it didn't happen. Our transportation up-charge is more like $48/pp for 4 people. If we add another couple, no extra transportation cost - just the tour.