Next reduced deposit sale???

teddybear231

I would also be surprised to see that happen again. Not even sure how that would work with the non refundable fares

All of the other major cruise lines still offer reduced deposits throughout the year, some more than others. I feel like NCL and Carnival have reduced deposits every other week practically.

I'm sure it would work the same, the deposit would still be non-refundable...

Does anybody have an idea of when the next reduced deposit "sale" will be?

I was wondering the same thing. I did Google search and found that reduced deposits have happened over black Friday weekend since 2015. That's no gurantee that it will happen this year but everyone seems compelled to have a black Friday "sale".

I was wondering the same thing. I did Google search and found that reduced deposits have happened over black Friday weekend since 2015. That's no gurantee that it will happen this year but everyone seems compelled to have a black Friday "sale".

However, we have not had a black Friday since Royal implemented non-refundable deposits and eliminated reduced deposits onboard and elsewhere. I think all bets are off this year.

However, we have not had a black Friday since Royal implemented non-refundable deposits and eliminated reduced deposits onboard and elsewhere. I think all bets are off this year.

I didn't realize that they eliminated reduced deposits onboard. When I lived closer to Florida, I have been known to grab a cheap weekend cruise partially to get away, and partially as an excuse to go book my next big cruise.

Doesn't look good.

I really hope they didn't get rid of reduced deposits, I don't think it would make much sense for them to do so.

I do understand they no longer offer reduced deposits if you book onboard, but those deposits were much cheaper then the 50% reduced deposits they would advertise, so hopefully this "sale" will reappear! (one can dream)

• 2 weeks later...

So I called RCCL and asked about reduced deposits, the gentlemen put me on hold to check with a supervisor and came back to tell me they will no longer be offering those promotions :(

So it looks like we will go through a travel agent that offers these types of deals.

I think companies change all of the time. They may not be offering them now but if they feel sales are low they will offer something. I'm waiting to see what hapens Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

This is true.

Last year we booked by end of October and we got our Drink + Internet packages on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale (it was actually the lowest prices we saw until we left in May).

I'm not impressed by reduced deposit sales. You're still paying the same amount for the cruise -- it's just that you're paying less up front /more at final payment time.

Yes you are still paying the same amount for the cruise regardless if you pay a reduced deposit or not. Why should I let someone else get the interest on my money when I can be getting it myself. I prefer to pay as late as possible for that reason and if I can get a reduced deposit all the better.

Op, wished I could help because I would also like to know.

Also, it seems to me that they would make money if they did non-refundable reduced deposits so people would book now. I think they would make money off of the deposits people forfeit.

A non-refundable reduced deposit sounds like the deal I'm looking for.

I'm not planning on a cruise until 2019 but would love to book as soon as the itineraries are released.

Yes you are still paying the same amount for the cruise regardless if you pay a reduced deposit or not. Why should I let someone else get the interest on my money when I can be getting it myself. I prefer to pay as late as possible for that reason and if I can get a reduced deposit all the better.

Op, wished I could help because I would also like to know.

I completely agree with you!

I think companies change all of the time. They may not be offering them now but if they feel sales are low they will offer something. I'm waiting to see what hapens Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

The best sales are the ones that are not advertised, travel or otherwise.

When RCI first announced the Nextcruise deposit policy change I thought for sure that they would lose out in future bookings and would eventually have to go back to the original policy. Well, on Allure last week, I've never seen the NextCruise office busier. My husband and I were both disappointed that the new policy didn't have any affect on new bookings. At least it didn't appear that it has.

When RCI first announced the Nextcruise deposit policy change I thought for sure that they would lose out in future bookings and would eventually have to go back to the original policy. Well, on Allure last week, I've never seen the NextCruise office busier. My husband and I were both disappointed that the new policy didn't have any affect on new bookings. At least it didn't appear that it has.

The benefits aren't worthwhile for us to book through Nextcruise anymore...

I'vee read that on many ships the next cruise works are inefficient and undertrained it can take a long time for even simple transaction to be completed. So don't assume crowds and sells are equivalent. In addition, some people may go and then when they realize the new policy they don't book. I, too, believe that changes will come eventually. I will not be wasting my vacation to book onboard. There is no benefit that I can see.

• 2 weeks later...
I'vee read that on many ships the next cruise works are inefficient and undertrained it can take a long time for even simple transaction to be completed. So don't assume crowds and sells are equivalent. In addition, some people may go and then when they realize the new policy they don't book. I, too, believe that changes will come eventually. I will not be wasting my vacation to book onboard. There is no benefit that I can see.

I agree, I believe over time you will see less and less people there...