Anyone else panicking over Florida hotels ????

Shippy

I spoke with my sales rep there yesterday. As of right now, about 1/2 of their rooms have water damage, and the other 1/2 are occupied by national guard, utility workers, first responders, etc. It sounds like most of their clean up won't take too long.

This is the Embassy Suites on 17th? Just making sure (since there's another one, but I think it's technically Dania)? I have plenty of time since I'm not arriving until 10/28.

What about Hampton Inn in Brickell? My reservation is for October 1.

Thank you to anyone who knows.

There is a lot of dialogue about hotels in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area on the Florida Departures Board.

I read on the Florida Departures Board that Hampton Inn Brickell should be open. One CC member who lives on Brickell said that the area is dry and most business have power restored.

Yes. They should be fully operational in plenty of time for your arrival.

Thanks so much. I thought as much (as I deal with this sort of damage - call it an "occupational hazard"). But wanted to be certain which hotel was being discussed (I forget how many really are there). At this point, the end of October is a lifetime away. Thanks, again.

Hilton better get their act together......

I have been told to call every day to see if the Galleria One will be open by the 21st.

Even this morning they told me there is no confirmed date yet.

I just received an email from them. It is a standard one you get a week in advance 'welcoming' you & asking if you would like to upgrade.

I just called Hilton back & they said that automatically goes out & there is no confirmed opening date yet.

You cannot call the exact location. All calls get forwarded to the main Hilton call center.

Really hard to understand. The Publix supermarket across the street is open & even Primanti Brothers Pizza is open. They are right on the beach about 6 blocks from the hotel.

Hilton better get their act together......

I have been told to call every day to see if the Galleria One will be open by the 21st.

Even this morning they told me there is no confirmed date yet.

I just received an email from them. It is a standard one you get a week in advance 'welcoming' you & asking if you would like to upgrade.

I just called Hilton back & they said that automatically goes out & there is no confirmed opening date yet.

You cannot call the exact location. All calls get forwarded to the main Hilton call center.

Really hard to understand. The Publix supermarket across the street is open & even Primanti Brothers Pizza is open. They are right on the beach about 6 blocks from the hotel.

Much in the area is still without power. I would be looking for backups as far north as West Palm at this point.

This is the Embassy Suites on 17th? Just making sure (since there's another one, but I think it's technically Dania)? I have plenty of time since I'm not arriving until 10/28.

I'm at the Embassy Suites on 17th tonight (9/14) for work (non-cruise related). I don't know the type of workers staying here for the cleanup, but I can confirm the hotel is open, with power, and drying out. There is a sign posted in the elevator that everything is operational EXCEPT dry cleaning. I've got a room on the west side of the building with no issues, but each floor has cleanup crews working on what appears to be the East side, and there's a large dehumidifier running outside. If you've got a reservation, call to confirm, but I don't see any issues staying here. Main room area may be a little musty still, but my room is perfectly fine. The happy hour and breakfast are up and running...which is what really matter on vacation, right? ;)

I'm at the Embassy Suites on 17th tonight (9/14) for work (non-cruise related). I don't know the type of workers staying here for the cleanup, but I can confirm the hotel is open, with power, and drying out. There is a sign posted in the elevator that everything is operational EXCEPT dry cleaning. I've got a room on the west side of the building with no issues, but each floor has cleanup crews working on what appears to be the East side, and there's a large dehumidifier running outside. If you've got a reservation, call to confirm, but I don't see any issues staying here. Main room area may be a little musty still, but my room is perfectly fine. The happy hour and breakfast are up and running...which is what really matter on vacation, right? ;)

Thanks for the update, Crism. Since I'm not due until the end of October, sounds like it's proceeding fine to me there. Sorry you're there for work - but try to enjoy what you can! Again, many thanks!

We're at Lago Mar. Many staying here are neighbors without power. Many employees just got their power back but still have no AC and it's HOT. Apparently if you live in a complex, there's no guarantee that the AC will come back even though your power is restored.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk