Portofino or Chop

nreilly

We will eat at both when cruising on ship that have the options. However, if I had to choose one - it would be Portofino's.

Most cities of any decent size will have at least one really good steakhouse so you can get a good steak any time. But Portofino's provides the opportunity for other really wonderful choices. Plus Portofino's has what my DH refers to as mini courses that they bring as samples in addition to the regular courses you have ordered. I mean this avoids the always present danger of starvation one faces on a cruise ship. ;)

Another note, if you prefer the main courses of one but the desserts of the other, either option will "go next door" and get you a dessert from the other. Another tidbit DH discovered several cruises ago. He does have that avoid starvation thing mastered.

Question: If nobody in your party eats beef, is it worth it to go to Chops?

I think there were other chioces on there, but mosty beef. I did have the Maryland Crab cakes, they were good, and I don't even like crab, but there was nothing else on the appetizer menu that I liked either.

Portofino's gave you some fresh breads, along with bread crisp and bread sticks, with different pate's, and they were really good. One of them was mushroom, and I didn't even know it, LOL. I don't usually like mushrooms, but this was great.

I think there were other chioces on there, but mosty beef. I did have the Maryland Crab cakes, they were good, and I don't even like crab, but there was nothing else on the appetizer menu that I liked either.

Portofino's gave you some fresh breads, along with bread crisp and bread sticks, with different pate's, and they were really good. One of them was mushroom, and I didn't even know it, LOL. I don't usually like mushrooms, but this was great.

That's what I thought. We already know that we will be going to Portofino's (been there on Voyager), but didn't know if it was worth it for Chops since neither of us eat beef. We'll probably make up our mind when we get there.

Archived