Book with Princess, transfer to TA?

Sea and Me

If I can contribute any meaningful information to this board it would be that there are really full service TA's out there who discount 10%. For years I would look, give up, look and then give up trying to find one. People on the board would tout their savings but it was hard to separate fact from fiction.

I started a thread "How to find a good TA" and from that with a little detective work deciphering the cryptic posts I found a good one that many expierenced CC people use.

I would PREFER to book directly with Princess (and have in the past), but whether booking myself and transferring, or starting with TA, it's just too hard to ignore the great discount and some OBC. Since I figured out years ago, with the help of this website and CC Princess posters, I began to discover good US TA's to work with (rare to find any discounters in Canada, if any true ones at all).

I like to be in control of all of my own travel arrangements (and pretty much do all the reservation work for the TA), and some of that is given up with a TA, but can still talk to Princess and deal with them on some matters. My main/only concern with any TA is will I get prompt notice of any change whatsoever coming from Princess like an upsell or other offer so that it can be acted on quickly enough? What we are saving in dollars outweighs my concern. If it was only $25/pp OBC, for example, I'd book direct because my control of reservation and the direct relationship with Princess would be more important. Don't ask me where the $ cut off is because I don't know and haven't had to face that kind of decision. :cool:

this! exactly this. all of it.

I transferred to a TA with a $300 credit incentive. When I went to cancel and rebook through a US TA, I read in the small print there was a $300 pp cancellation fee :( 3 of us would have been $900. I would have been better off leaving the booking with Princess.

I transferred to a TA with a $300 credit incentive. When I went to cancel and rebook through a US TA, I read in the small print there was a $300 pp cancellation fee :( 3 of us would have been $900. I would have been better off leaving the booking with Princess.

A lot of agents don't charge a cancellation fee (unless Princess does), obviously some do.

Princess right now is charging a lot of non-refundable deposits, so it is really important to always read the fine print and ask.