9/18 Majesty sailing shortened

waterbugohio

Just got text and email. 9/18 Majesty sailing is shortened from 4 day to a 3 day so they can continue humanitarian relief.

So just wonder if we will even go??? What difference does a day make.??? Majesty is in San Juan today. Press release from port st Maarten says she will stop there from 8-5 tomorrow and transport people

From there to San Juan. Assuming arriving there Saturday morning. Wouldn't the majesty be able to make it back to Port Canaveral from Saturday night till Monday morning????

Or are they doing more runs??

Our TA is checking into everything for us. We get 25% cruise fare in refundable OBC and 25% FCC

We have insurance thru royal. Checking on that also. Anyone know if it will pay for a hotel on Monday night??? Do we book something?? And then they canc us altogether???

While I commend royal for helping all those in need. It is a pain trying to figure all this out. And don't understand why it took so long to figure it out.

Well our TA just spoke with royal insurance. Note to self. GET PRIVATE INSIRANCE.

Royals insurance agent. "Doesn't know" if the policy will cover us to stay mindaynniggt before the cruise. She suggested to keep receipts and TRY to turn them in. That's fine. But some people work for their money and need to know ahead.

And then if we do go and they canc. Then what????

From there to San Juan. Assuming arriving there Saturday morning. Wouldn't the majesty be able to make it back to Port Canaveral from Saturday night till Monday morning????

Or are they doing more runs??

My guess is they are allowing extra time for unexpected occurences since there are unknown number and names of people and some have pets (reportedly) They may need extra time to clean up and get re-organized. I'm leaning right now to taking the 3 day. Some of the shortened cruises this week have had 25% occupancy. Maybe I can get a Junior Suite at the pier and get 6 C&A points instead of 3. I'll be watching Majesty's progress on marinetraffic.com and make up our mind Saturday. I already changed my hotel reservation. One more day to get Florida in shape and gas stations filled. I still get some time off work and a road trip with my wife. Oh, my notification was sent at the same time as yours, but didn't show up in my email box for 2 hours.

Just got text and email. Press release from port st Maarten says she will stop there from 8-5 tomorrow and transport people

I figure they would need about 60 hours steaming time from whenever they left San Juan to make it back to Port C. I think if they could make it back on Monday it would late in the PM.

I figure they would need about 60 hours steaming time from whenever they left San Juan to make it back to Port C. I think if they could make it back on Monday it would late in the PM.

Which really upsets me more. Because that schedule of stopping at San Juan today. St Maarten tommorow and then back to San Juan Saturday has been posted all week. And they just figure out TODAY that they can't make it back in time to sail Monday.

Amazing!!! Smh

Just an FYI, it may be hard to find a hotel in the area, it was hit pretty hard by the hurricane as far as the utilities go and many do not have power or water back yet.

So true. I've been trying to call Port Canaveral Port Authority for 3 days and no one is answering the phones.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Forums mobile app

Initially I thought we would have a delayed boarding on Monday, but I guess they decided to make it Tuesday instead allowing a little extra time for the staff.

Just an FYI, it may be hard to find a hotel in the area, it was hit pretty hard by the hurricane as far as the utilities go and many do not have power or water back yet.

More hotels are opening daily. The Radisson was very good to work with and moved my reservation back a day.

The itinerary has been updated online. I wonder if this means we will still get credit for 4 days? I'm just wondering, but attack my selfishness if you must!

newitin.gif

They haven't updated everything. My day 2 scuba excursion for CocoCay is now listed as Scuba in Port Canaveral. Maybe I'll be required to scrub the hull below the water line? I'm tempted to start taking bets and giving 3 to 1 odds that excursion will be canceled.

The itinerary has been updated online. I wonder if this means we will still get credit for 4 days? I'm just wondering, but attack my selfishness if you must!

newitin.gif

They haven't updated everything. My day 2 scuba excursion for CocoCay is now listed as Scuba in Port Canaveral. Maybe I'll be required to scrub the hull below the water line? I'm tempted to start taking bets and giving 3 to 1 odds that excursion will be canceled.

Love your humor! Have a great cruise, we will miss looking for you off the back of Oasis on Sunday.

LaQuinta could not change our reservation from 17th to 18th, but the Radisson had openings for both nights. We booked both nights,so if we get cancelled we can at least have a short vacation in Cocoa Beach.

Kaye

Silly question, you wouldn't know a Tammy and Jeff Moore from Dothan would you?