drink prices

haawwks27

trying to decide if worth getting the drink package. for a 7 day cruise its basically $67 a day.

how much is it a beer?

how much is a water?

a frozen drink?

any ideas?

thanks in advance

Beers $6-$8, bottled 500ml water $3-$4, fancy cocktails around $12.

I did the math years ago, it's worth the purchase of the drink package. But you'll have to evaluate how much or how little you drink to make the decision as to whether it's worth it to you. It's not worth it for me, but it is for my husband, so we always get a drink package for him.

trying to decide if worth getting the drink package. for a 7 day cruise its basically $67 a day.

how much is it a beer?

how much is a water?

a frozen drink?

any ideas?

thanks in advance

What ship? There can be a difference in price. Usually found beer to be $6-8 and frozen drinks $12-14. All drink tabs and packages have an additional 18% gratuity added.

Not sure about bottled water -iced tap water is free to drink and readily available and perfectly fine.

As others have said, 5 alcoholic drinks per day (@12-13 each) is what I calculated to break even with the $55 (+ grat) per day cost.

Add in bottled waters, fancy pants coffee, etc, and its pretty easy to get your money's worth and then some.

But if you see yourself enjoying a couple drinks a day at most, it's safe to say it makes more sense to just pay a la carte and get a cheaper bev pacakge.

We enjoy a drink in our cabin - so with the drinks package we'd have to keep going up or down to a bar and getting one drink at a time? Could my husband take my sea card and bring back a drink for both of us (both using our own seacard)?

Yes, that is normally allowed.

People have previously reported that the drink package is worth it if you drink 5-6 drinks a day (alcoholic). Of course, the peace of mind has its own value as well.

You can't forget the other non-alcoholic drinks. Fresh squeezed juice, bottled still and sparkling water, smoothies from the Vitality cafe (Harmony), specialty coffee......There are TONS of ways to break even without having to do 5-6 alcoholic drinks a day.

how much is it a beer?

how much is a water?

a frozen drink?

any ideas?

thanks in advance

Wow, is that US $?

We are sailing Celebrity Solstice in a couple of weeks and paid US$28 for 17 day cruise and thought that was a lot.

If I was paying what was equivalent to a days wages every day I defiantly wouldn't get a package. That being said why not just try paying cash for a couple days - if you find the cocktails just too delicious to resist, then get a package ;p.

We'll be sailing Carnival. If we wish to purchase the alcohol package it's for the entire cruise AND every adult in our cabin has to purchase it.

I'm the type of person that looks at a $12 drink and thinks it's too expensive so I won't buy it. There goes my fun. So we're buying the package. That way we can just drink and not have to worry about spending or not spending, prices etc

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Forums mobile app

We'll be sailing Carnival. If we wish to purchase the alcohol package it's for the entire cruise AND every adult in our cabin has to purchase it.

I'm the type of person that looks at a $12 drink and thinks it's too expensive so I won't buy it. There goes my fun. So we're buying the package. That way we can just drink and not have to worry about spending or not spending, prices etc

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Forums mobile app

That's not the case for Royal Caribbean. For RCI not everyone in your cabin needs to get it and for cruises over I think 4 nights you can get the drinks package toward the end of the cruise.

That's not the case for Royal Caribbean. For RCI not everyone in your cabin needs to get it and for cruises over I think 4 nights you can get the drinks package toward the end of the cruise.

RC is now requiring each person in the cabin to purchase on some sailings - specifically experimenting with this on the Harmony.

Wow, is that US $?

We are sailing Celebrity Solstice in a couple of weeks and paid US$28 for 17 day cruise and thought that was a lot.

Do you have the non alcohol package. If you have the classic unlimited package for 28.00 you hit a home run. The cheapest I have ever seen it is $55.00 + 18% grat.

Wow, is that US $?

Do you have the non alcohol package. If you have the classic unlimited package for 28.00 you hit a home run. The cheapest I have ever seen it is $55.00 + 18% grat.

I would strigger to drink one glass of wine a day so went for premium Nom alcoholic as I like my coke zero from a can not a soda machine.

Hubby has the classic drink pagage for his beer ;p

Also depending on the ship, they sometimes offer the card a few days in for 10 drinks (alcoholic) for $79 (plus 18% gratuity) if you wanted to go that route [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now thats a deal for me, do they make this announcement or how do they let you know

We enjoy a drink in our cabin - so with the drinks package we'd have to keep going up or down to a bar and getting one drink at a time? Could my husband take my sea card and bring back a drink for both of us (both using our own seacard)?

Or you could go get him a drink ;p

We usually break even with the package but what I really like is that it's all paid for before the cruise and I can and will try things I otherwise wouldn't - and if I don't like it, I still drink it so that's not the point but I don't want to spend good money on something I don't like.

then a specialty coffee or two (even one's with alcohol are included)

Are you sure about the alcohol based coffees?

On Grandeur in Aug, I asked about one of the alcoholic coffees in Chops and was told it was NOT included in the drink package.

Then the waiter brought me one for free. GREAT service.