Traveling with a 17m and (newly turned) 18f y/o on Spring Break.

Glory Girl Newbie

First time cruisers here going out on the Glory in March. I understand that my daughter will not be able to go into O2 because she will be 18 (for 3 whole days!) but my nephew will be able to use the club. I completely understand the rule and am not going to try and get around it.

We are looking for your suggestions and advice on things that they will be able to do together as I'm sure they will not separate once we are cruising.

Thanks!

You'll find that Club O2 is more of a meeting place. When I took my goddaughter, they spent more time hanging around the pizza place, the ice cream machines, and in hot tubs than in the club.

There's the pools and hot tubs, mini golf, waterslide, comedy shows, main shows, etc for them to do together. They will probably meet other similarly aged people on a spring break cruise and just find some place to "hang out". At that age its usually more about socializing than doing.

I don't know if it's still true, but I have heard and read that if someone just turns 18 and is still in high school, they are able to still go to the 02. I don't have any children or grands that age, so I don't know if it still happens.

I would suggest you go to the club the first night and see if she can still go. Who knows, you might just get lucky?

I cruised earlier this year with my family and the kids were 21 (not really a kid), 18, 17, and 13. They actually ended up hanging out together a lot, particularly my 18 year old daughter and 17 year old nephew. One thing they all did together and met a bunch of other kids doing was karaoke. All could participate and they had a blast. During the day, they were normally together at the waterworks when we were on board.

First time cruisers here going out on the Glory in March. I understand that my daughter will not be able to go into O2 because she will be 18 (for 3 whole days!) but my nephew will be able to use the club. I completely understand the rule and am not going to try and get around it.

We are looking for your suggestions and advice on things that they will be able to do together as I'm sure they will not separate once we are cruising.

Thanks!

Although I don't know what is on that ship, I can't give specific advice. I have went on several cruises with my kids. Starting when my youngest was 11 and oldest 20, now 19-28 we are going on our 5th. My kids have never gone to any on the kids clubs or "kids activities" We have always just hung out together and loved it. We see the shows, eat together, wander around the ship, what ever there is to do. They are never bored.