Disney

haawwks27

I'm guessing they will get on It's a small world and carousel of progress ...2 of my favorites btw

And perhaps that awful lilo and stitch ride as it rarely has a line lol

At least the parks offer nice scenery

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They could buy their tickets early online and take advantage of the Fastpass system.

But yeah, Lilo-Stich (bleah) and we do enjoy the Carousel. However, Small World has been at least a 30 min wait every time we go for some reason.

Here is what I would do, I would rent a car and drive myself. If you are just doing one park I would park there at that park. If you are park hopping do the transportation center. You can load 3 fastpasses on your tickets. Depends on when you are going on wait times. I have gone and walked on rides and other times waits have been insane.

Does the cruise line offer an excursion?

They could buy their tickets early online and take advantage of the Fastpass system.

But yeah, Lilo-Stich (bleah) and we do enjoy the Carousel. However, Small World has been at least a 30 min wait every time we go for some reason.

Of course fast pass and pre purchased is the way to go

Pre purchase of tix is easy...but as the op freely admits to knowing nothing about Disney...lotsa luck with fastpass

Oh I know fast pass is simple but then again I know I can adjust times etc and dont need to take the first time offered

I had a friend who knows nothing about travel at all...long story but her dh is paranoid about a lot of things....so anyway she finally gets him to take a vacation...

Drives ny to Orlando with 4 kids...5 yo still on a bottle...3 yo still in diapers...8yo a nervous Nellie...11 yo oblivious to everything as they don't let her out much. Lol

She books the contemporary on a daily rack rate basis. Omg!!!

Buys full price tix at the gate. Doesn't even consider the ticket deal through dis when staying on property and getting the package

Loads 4 kids and crap into the car every day (from the contemporary) to drive to Epcot (no monorail or Disney transportation for her no sir!) the studios and animal kingdom so it's easier for them. Um ok

And pays full price for the meal plan!!! I went nuts when I found this out because it's late august and they offered the plan for free when booking a Disney package. Oh no she had to pay rack room rate though.

Oh and she knew all too well that I've navigated Disney many many times and get great deals...but oh no she had to do it herself. Lol

What cost my family of 5 approx $6000 including air/hotel/tix and food cost her over $12,000 she told me. Go figure

I knew someone else who insisted on paying for park hopper plus water park tix...just in case they found time for typhoon lagoon or park hopping (they didn't btw). I told her to just buy water park tix separately if they found time to go and to forget about hopping as they too were Disney newbies

Of course they never hopped or water parked....she paid several hundred $$$ more for her family of 5 than I did...oh and they got a free room off premises thanks to a sil...um ok....An hour away...pay to park...and rental van....she told me how much that all cost her to get a free room....plus staying off property she didn't get other perks like free food etc...

That free hotel room cost her more than a Disney package deal would have cost...oh and her youngest kid was 4 years and 1day when they arrived at Disney and she paid for his park tickets and she was debating if they should go a month earlier or go right after his bday. Really? Really since it's 3 and under are admitted free...she couldn't go a few days earlier...or just say he was still 3....ftlog he too was still in diapers. Lol

...<above post>...

Yeah, I'm with you. When someone posts, accentuates even, that they know NOTHING about Disney, but says they don't want opinions or input, all I can do is let them be in for a rude awakening and hopefully learn a lesson. If someone wants to brag on CC about how they are setting themselves up for failure, I'll just sit back and laugh at them. The fact that they even inquired about parking shows just how very little they know about how this day should go.

Yeah, I'm with you. When someone posts, accentuates even, that they know NOTHING about Disney, but says they don't want opinions or input, all I can do is let them be in for a rude awakening and hopefully learn a lesson. If someone wants to brag on CC about how they are setting themselves up for failure, I'll just sit back and laugh at them. The fact that they even inquired about parking shows just how very little they know about how this day should go.

Ahhh yet you know NOTHING about me. Or my desires for this trip I asked about parking. That was all. I did not know the set up since I have never been there. And don't plan on going back until our children are old enough to fully enjoy and experience it.

What I DO know is we are not going on rides not do we care about park hopping. We will be in port, 1.5hrs away, closer than we would ever be so we are going so out ill grandparents whom are experiencing their presumably last vacation as a family can see the faces of their grandchildren experiencing walking the park and seeing the likes of Mickey and Princesses for the first time. We are going to spend the money to buy the joy and happiness family can get experiencing something they otherwise would not be afforded.

So no. I'm not setting myself up for failure. I just needed to know where to park.

Enjoy sitting back and laughing but know I'm laughing with you at your feeble attempt of knowing more than I do.

Ahhh yet you know NOTHING about me. Or my desires for this trip I asked about parking. That was all. I did not know the set up since I have never been there. And don't plan on going back until our children are old enough to fully enjoy and experience it.

What I DO know is we are not going on rides not do we care about park hopping. We will be in port, 1.5hrs away, closer than we would ever be so we are going so out ill grandparents whom are experiencing their presumably last vacation as a family can see the faces of their grandchildren experiencing walking the park and seeing the likes of Mickey and Princesses for the first time. We are going to spend the money to buy the joy and happiness family can get experiencing something they otherwise would not be afforded.

So no. I'm not setting myself up for failure. I just needed to know where to park.

Enjoy sitting back and laughing but know I'm laughing with you at your feeble attempt of knowing more than I do.

You just set yourself up for failure if you think you will see princesses and characters walking around. If you want to see princesses, use fastpass to avoid lines of over an hour. MK can be a magical place, or a complete disaster. Be prepared for large crowds, long lines, no table service restaurants with seating. It's not hard to have a great time, but just walking in and winging it is why many never return.

And why no rides? They are the best part with great theming, most perfectly find for small children and the elderly!

You just set yourself up for failure if you think you will see princesses and characters walking around. If you want to see princesses, use fastpass to avoid lines of over an hour. MK can be a magical place, or a complete disaster. Be prepared for large crowds, long lines, no table service restaurants with seating. It's not hard to have a great time, but just walking in and winging it is why many never return.

And why no rides? They are the best part with great theming, most perfectly find for small children and the elderly!

Never said I did t have a show scheduled. I didn't detail my itinerary. I asked a simple question to which many helpful people responded. What's. It helpful is people answering questions that were not asked.

And rides would be nice but not all children enjoy them especially those on the spectrum or anxiety ridden. Or sick elderly who are wheelchair bound.

I just found issue with someone assuming they knew my situation or plan and expected me to fail. When again all I asked was where to park for magic kingdom.

Never said I did t have a show scheduled. I didn't detail my itinerary. I asked a simple question to which many helpful people responded. What's. It helpful is people answering questions that were not asked.

And rides would be nice but not all children enjoy them especially those on the spectrum or anxiety ridden. Or sick elderly who are wheelchair bound.

I just found issue with someone assuming they knew my situation or plan and expected me to fail. When again all I asked was where to park for magic kingdom.

No one wants you to fail. For those who love Disney, they want, more than anything, for new guests to have a great time! There are so many ways to make your visit better, less exhausting, less stressful. By the way, those in wheelchairs can go on many attractions, and all of them can be viewed on YouTube, so you can decide (or the kids can) what attractions would be enjoyed, or what shows, what parades.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mobility-disabilities/

Sorry if you were offended. You asked for help. You indicated you knew NOTHING ABOUT DISNEY. You were wiling to do Disney in a half day.

If you do not want assistance , then do not ask

Responses were expected and realistic.

ill grandparents? Children on the spectrum?

Are you bringing your own wheelchairs?

Walkers?

Motorized scooters?

Yes it sounds harsh but the high school gym teachers get winded at Disney. Lol

I don't think you realize it will be like a sardine can there and not a place at all for your family dynamic on a one day port stop

The only advice I will now give you if you want to see characters is to research the Disney restaurants located in their hotels and not in the parks...such as chef Mickey

Then cross your fingers that you can get say a 3:30 ressie

For the Magic Kingdom specifically, there is another option you might want to look into. Disney now has a "Minnievan" service that works like uber or lyft (it is part of lyft) that is mostly designed for people coming from the resorts to the parks. But, as others have noted, the Magic Kingdom is the one park where you have to have a two step process to get to the park, and it's not great if you're limited on time. The nice thing about the MInnievans is that they can take you right to the entrance of the park instead of the transportation hub. Whether this would save you time kind of depends on where you would otherwise park. There are a number of parking tricks that people use -- some have been shut down, others still work, and involve making reservations for dining, etc., or parking somewhere free and then taking an uber to a spot near the contemporary resort that is a short walk to the front gate of the park.

If you don't care about any of this and just want the easiest experience possible, just park at the TTC and take the monorail. Make sure you know about any parades or fireworks that might happen at the time you are there, so you have a realistic understanding of how long it will take you to leave by disney transportation and get back to the parking lot. If you're going to be using fastpasses -- and you really should -- these are reservations to ride particular rides that will save you lots of time in the parks but must be booked in advance. You'll want to very carefully coordinate your parking situation. Good luck and have fun!

Edit: I think it's understood from the other responses you have already received, but the other 3 parks are much more parking friendly. Just park and walk (or take a tram) to the front gate and you're in.

Minnie vans are for certain hotel guests only. They cannot be used by all. I spent 3 weeks in WDW this summer and used them often. Wont help OP.

The Magic Kingdom has a different parking set up (called the TTC as others have noted), and it takes about 30 minutes longer than a comparable parking lot at Epcot, the Studios or Animal Kingdom. In order to get to the main gate from the parking lot requires either a ferry ride or a monorail. The MK is separated from the parking lot by the rather large "Seven Seas Lagoon". The monorail is going to be the fastest option in most cases.

XC5lJcquKsgUk26oF1hzN6mDHlmrEZ75Q9fnTugCgvyWh_mmRP2w7XT53fySUK6cVCtOi9sFCAmnXtISNZw2ZYb4_D7F7IrFM5_OMDLseHhVvAnW93qG60RdEctaXEWfaiv1zcjRMqFHLG7Pi2W-HqJNl9kki1XxD9FTpxTtP4RZSVUaIcx7Rko8jbCny4WkhO-nl39kG7O_xjMo93kxZ1baHjFHd8ujEArwL7ZKcfC63NC_fdblBAiTMa2rmlZ3g7G2_UVXxwAylNqMHP8maGZ5xEEnIjCyY76zltV0jRA3YqlJGYDQcgaTkqBM0RilCp9vNkoswCd7xbwBXgS03XRkB-6zPgNsElJuHXpCIUX4s349_ZiTd2VaiIeeqSZYPQdKB2tjVcAYSo-LUq941PhW2GmChTiaYxzlmx9EeQorvdw5xsh-ySUZTJt7aE6jQTv5HpGKi1kFWNhWgxk81tjMpc8adZnp06C8h_miNgLrJ4HQk9r3LLnGEoFHHBbuufUeUM1_OQYkXC2VX1JDvZ7VsD3gzvaT7fOBC8Q3bWJ6uSU_HL_oLIY8P0kjXTbPXhcl9vvRivN9fkAEKPQTOVdFXSXUrHkHBZLs_7WynUHIE9BipLYxB4qG7vRt1rVxFoWrV7OaZ7GLV0JpvMqkhRExuHJU_jbIEFw=w837-h621-no

By the time you get to the TTC, then onto the right monorail line that stops at the park, you would already be in Epcot, Animal Kingdom or the Studios. And you still have the wait at the Main Gate to get in. But, you are riding a monorail, so it kind of acts like the first ride.

You can also take a bus or pay for a cab after you park (I think taking a free Disney bus is still an option).

If you are staying until closing the return trip to the TTC may take an hour or more if it is busy. The crush of people for the ferry, that takes a horde of people and crushes them down to about a 4-across IIRC, is one of the most unpleasant things you can do with a family. The monorail line is less painful, but still can add stress. Don't cut it close if your stay will be until closing, and allow an extra hour or two.

If you are going after opening, and leaving before closing on that day just add the 30 minutes each side of the time in the park and you should be OK. You can also ride the monorail over to and through Epcot, and back to the TTC, and that can be fun.

Sorry if you were offended. You asked for help. You indicated you knew NOTHING ABOUT DISNEY. You were wiling to do Disney in a half day.

If you do not want assistance , then do not ask

Responses were expected and realistic.

They didn't ask for assistance about the park, they asked for assistance about the parking. They fact that they said they knew nothing about Disney means nothing to what they asked.

My question is not if a trip to disney is worth it when in port for the day as that s subjective and opinionated.

I am someone who knows NOTHING about Disney, do you drive right to the main entrance or the specific location?

More specifically, if going to Magic Kingdom via car, do we drive to magic kingdom and park there or drive to a main gate type thing and get a disney transportation to magic kingdom

Magic Kingdom is a little bit different than the other parks. You drive directly to the magic Kingdom parking area and then take either the boat or the monorail across Bay Lake to the park entrance. Both methods of transportation are included in your park admission. Disney is well signed, and very easy to find your way around. Be aware that parking is not free unless you are staying on premises, or are an annual pass holder.

(At other parks, you get out of your car, get on the tram and are taken right to the gate.)

Hope that helps.

The Magic Kingdom has a different parking set up (called the TTC as others have noted), and it takes about 30 minutes longer than a comparable parking lot at Epcot, the Studios or Animal Kingdom. In order to get to the main gate from the parking lot requires either a ferry ride or a monorail. The MK is separated from the parking lot by the rather large "Seven Seas Lagoon". The monorail is going to be the fastest option in most cases.

XC5lJcquKsgUk26oF1hzN6mDHlmrEZ75Q9fnTugCgvyWh_mmRP2w7XT53fySUK6cVCtOi9sFCAmnXtISNZw2ZYb4_D7F7IrFM5_OMDLseHhVvAnW93qG60RdEctaXEWfaiv1zcjRMqFHLG7Pi2W-HqJNl9kki1XxD9FTpxTtP4RZSVUaIcx7Rko8jbCny4WkhO-nl39kG7O_xjMo93kxZ1baHjFHd8ujEArwL7ZKcfC63NC_fdblBAiTMa2rmlZ3g7G2_UVXxwAylNqMHP8maGZ5xEEnIjCyY76zltV0jRA3YqlJGYDQcgaTkqBM0RilCp9vNkoswCd7xbwBXgS03XRkB-6zPgNsElJuHXpCIUX4s349_ZiTd2VaiIeeqSZYPQdKB2tjVcAYSo-LUq941PhW2GmChTiaYxzlmx9EeQorvdw5xsh-ySUZTJt7aE6jQTv5HpGKi1kFWNhWgxk81tjMpc8adZnp06C8h_miNgLrJ4HQk9r3LLnGEoFHHBbuufUeUM1_OQYkXC2VX1JDvZ7VsD3gzvaT7fOBC8Q3bWJ6uSU_HL_oLIY8P0kjXTbPXhcl9vvRivN9fkAEKPQTOVdFXSXUrHkHBZLs_7WynUHIE9BipLYxB4qG7vRt1rVxFoWrV7OaZ7GLV0JpvMqkhRExuHJU_jbIEFw=w837-h621-no

By the time you get to the TTC, then onto the right monorail line that stops at the park, you would already be in Epcot, Animal Kingdom or the Studios. And you still have the wait at the Main Gate to get in. But, you are riding a monorail, so it kind of acts like the first ride.

You can also take a bus or pay for a cab after you park (I think taking a free Disney bus is still an option).

If you are staying until closing the return trip to the TTC may take an hour or more if it is busy. The crush of people for the ferry, that takes a horde of people and crushes them down to about a 4-across IIRC, is one of the most unpleasant things you can do with a family. The monorail line is less painful, but still can add stress. Don't cut it close if your stay will be until closing, and allow an extra hour or two.

If you are going after opening, and leaving before closing on that day just add the 30 minutes each side of the time in the park and you should be OK. You can also ride the monorail over to and through Epcot, and back to the TTC, and that can be fun.

Thank you very much. This has been helpful

Actually I do know a lot more than you. And I used the capitalized NOTHING, because that's what you used. And yes, when someone flat out says they are going to try the impossible, "but don't try to stop me" type statement, you are setting yourself up for ridicule. I don't need to know anything about you to know that.

Have a good drive there and back.

Here's another tip (even though you don't want them): You can see a ton of Disney without ever paying admission or entering a park. Even pictures with characters.

So there you go.

Actually I do know a lot more than you. And I used the capitalized NOTHING, because that's what you used. And yes, when someone flat out says they are going to try the impossible, "but don't try to stop me" type statement, you are setting yourself up for ridicule. I don't need to know anything about you to know that.

Have a good drive there and back.

Here's another tip (even though you don't want them): You can see a ton of Disney without ever paying admission or entering a park. Even pictures with characters.

So there you go.

They asked about parking, that's it, nothing else.

They asked about parking, that's it, nothing else.

Very true. 100% true.

But sometimes, additional information is important to give a full answer. And some other folks decided to try and help. Granted, the poster that made it a point to say they knew NOTHING about Disney was setting the stage for replies.

Would be like is somebody asked: " I know NOTHING about cruising, should I take a cruise?". A simple YES or NO would be a rude response, even though it did answer the question.