Missed boarding, possible to join at next port?

iceman77_7

My cousins mother passed away and they had to join the cruise at the 2nd port but you must notify the cruise company - this was 2 years ago on a Princess Cruise

The difference could be that Princess allows this on a fairly regular basis, for a fee. They also allow an early disembarkation, which DCL does not normally.

I had a friend who was joining me on a California Coastal on Princess a couple of years back. She had to work and so could not make the initial embarkation port (Los Angeles), but Princess did allow her to join at the next port (San Francisco).

Of course, the difference from the Original Poster's circumstance is that both ports were in the U.S.

Where did your cruise end at?

Unless you embarked in Los Angeles and the cruise ended in San Francisco I can't imagine the cruise line allowing a violation of the PVSA.

Bill

Where did your cruise end at?

Unless you embarked in Los Angeles and the cruise ended in San Francisco I can't imagine the cruise line allowing a violation of the PVSA.

Bill

Princess California Coastal cruise typically goes from LA to Vancouver. So a SF to Vancouver one wouldn't violate the PVSA.

Well... we made it on to the ship in Southampton at 5:59:40 . Tour flight was delay on top of everything. The princess representative Was on the phone with us from the airport until we entered the port. Sorry they held up the ship. But they were waiting at the door; took the luggage then rolled up the gangplank . We r so grateful ;