Hurricane Maria

Bigbluegal

Old San Juan is still closed at this time and no power. While they are trying to get it fixed promptly yes the hotel might be open because they are using it for volunteers but no power etc. I will be there soon to volunteer along which some of my friends that are violenteering. there already. Otherwise only volunteers are allowed in at this time. Not sure byt then what will be happening. You will need to check when closer. There is also no phones at the hotel which would be your best bet.

Do you know if the hotel La Terezza is up and running? My daughter has reservations there for her honeymoon. Thanks!

After hearing your update it blows my mind that Royal still won't cancel cruises. I called RCI, my TA and my trip insurance today. We r booked on AofS for 10/21. That's 4 weeks away. It was super crazy bc my trip insurance "didn't understand" why I called. PR has ppl with no electricity water or food. There's a curfew in effect and flights can't land, but yet u won't refund my cruise? Or let me change it somewhere else?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was wondering if the itineraries will be sorted out better by the end of November? We have cruise in February and final payment is due at the end of November and hoping we will have a better idea of where we will be going before we commit to it with final payment. My mom keeps asking me and I said I don't know. I have never had to worry about this. So I thought maybe somebody on here may be able to tell me how it all works. I know most likely it will be different than what we booked but my mom doesn't want to go to certain places. Thanks

After hearing your update it blows my mind that Royal still won't cancel cruises. I called RCI, my TA and my trip insurance today. We r booked on AofS for 10/21. That's 4 weeks away. It was super crazy bc my trip insurance "didn't understand" why I called. PR has ppl with no electricity water or food. There's a curfew in effect and flights can't land, but yet u won't refund my cruise? Or let me change it somewhere else?!

Try to calm down, as you said it's four weeks away. The first place to get power and start getting back on its feet will be San Juan. It's unreasonable to expect cancellations and refunds yet for an October 21 cruise.

I was wondering if the itineraries will be sorted out better by the end of November? We have cruise in February and final payment is due at the end of November and hoping we will have a better idea of where we will be going before we commit to it with final payment. My mom keeps asking me and I said I don't know. I have never had to worry about this. So I thought maybe somebody on here may be able to tell me how it all works. I know most likely it will be different than what we booked but my mom doesn't want to go to certain places. Thanks

You have eight weeks to cancel. You might not have all the answers by then but more will be known about ports and itin's. Otherwise you can cancel anytime up until then. That's about as definitive as things can be right now.

We just made final payment on a December cruise that was scheduled for St Thomas, St Martin and San Juan. Can't get much more uncertain than that. We will go where the ship does and have a great time wherever that may be.:p

Try to calm down, as you said it's four weeks away. The first place to get power and start getting back on its feet will be San Juan. It's unreasonable to expect cancellations and refunds yet for an October 21 cruise.

We are booked for 10/21, as well. Just got an email from Caribe Hilton cancelling our reservation for 10/20.

k.

I know a lot of people are scrambling to reserve rooms at other hotels. I am just going to assume that the cruise will be cancelled OR (I hope) moved to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know how RC can expect us to travel to a city where most of the hotels are uninhabitable. (I know ... Just because something seems reasonable to us ... )

k.

We're booked for 10/28 and our Embassy Suites reservation was canceled. That was our back-up to our first reservation (Hotel Casablanca in OSJ). I was able to book a reservation at the AC Hotel (for now).

I'm booked at the AC hotel for 10/20. Haven't received an email cancellation yet but read online they aren't taking reservations until 10/22.

Who knows if we will have any place to stay if we can in fact fly in to SJU.

Bill

I'm booked at the AC hotel for 10/20. Haven't received an email cancellation yet but read online they aren't taking reservations until 10/22.

Who knows if we will have any place to stay if we can in fact fly in to SJU.

Bill

I chose to be optimistic that RCL is monitoring hotel availability. After all, some buy hotels through the cruise line so they will be aware that the whole situation is in flux. I hope that if we do go (we don't sail until November) that they will have taken care of locals first. The picture of what's going on in San Juan is grim, with hospitals running out of diesel fuel and others lacking potable water. With the airport running on auxiliary power, there is also no air conditioning. Our airline (Air Canada) operates only seasonally to SJU so like all the other aspects of our vacation, this is up in the air (pardon the pun). I am much more concerned for the safety and well-being of those in PR and feel very conflicted about being there as others are in such distress, while knowing at the same time that the island will suffer financially if the cruise lines step away. I think the more rational approach would be not to home port there until things clear up but to use day visits as a test balloon. I know this is a complex issue and there are many factors at play, but I hope it can be turned around for the welfare of those who live there.

Today's update from RCL. It is incomprehensible to me how they expect people to board October cruises when so many hotels are closed.

=========================================================================================

The following sailing is being cancelled:

Adventure of the Seas:September 30

Given the impact of Hurricane Maria, we are cancelling this cruise to utilize the ship for evacuation and humanitarian efforts. The ship will arrive on Wednesday, September 27 and will operate humanitarian calls in San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix to aid in the evacuation and donate critical supplies to each destination. The ship will bring evacuees to Fort Lauderdale before returning to San Juan on October 6 to prepare for the October 7th cruise.

We are very sorry for the impact this storm has had on your vacation. The cruise fare and fees will be 100% refunded to the original form of payment, and we are also offering a 25% future cruise credit, based on the cruise fare, if a new cruise is booked in the next 30 days. Pre-booked shore excursions will also be refunded to your original form of payment.

Per the Weather Channel's Puerto Rico update the die-off across the island from lack of water, food, and air conditioning had begun. FEMA is doing the best it can, but with Texas, Florida, St Thomas, St Croix, and Puerto Rico all in crisis at once, we all need to donate to relief agencies NOW.

We are on the 10/7 sailing and RCI is now allowing ticketed passengers to board the ship on Friday, 10/6.

They also advised they will provide complimentary transfers pre and post cruise.

Racer70, we are also on this cruise, but no words about early check in to ship ?

Only change in ports:confused:

We are on the 10/7 sailing and RCI is now allowing ticketed passengers to board the ship on Friday, 10/6.

They also advised they will provide complimentary transfers pre and post cruise.

That plan depends on people being able to get in and out of the airport. Considering how things are right now ...

Also, they can only do that for the 10/7 itinerary, not later ones, because they cancelled the 9/30 trip (so there won't be pax on board when you arrive on 10/6).

k.

This was posted on FB page of hotel I follow in Vieques (Island of PR)

Puerto Rico Tourism is suggesting that any travelers thinking of visiting Puerto Rico postpone their trip until at least October 15. Given the circumstances on the ground, there is a need to ensure that Puerto Rico's basics are in order before starting to receive any new guests.

I emailed hotel milano (small hotel in OSJ) and haven't heard back. Don't want to bother them at this point bc we don't know when flights/cruises will resume

I am interested if you get a response from Hotel Milano. We have it booked for two nights over Thanksgiving. I am not worried this far in advance, but am curious to know how this afftected them.

Weather & Itinerary Update

September 25, 2017 @ 11 AM EDT

Our thoughts and prayers are with our neighbors in San Juan and the other affected islands as they rebuild after Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

The following sailing is being cancelled:

Adventure of the Seas: September 30

Given the impact of Hurricane Maria, we are cancelling this cruise to utilize the ship for evacuation and humanitarian efforts. The ship will arrive on Wednesday, September 27 and will operate humanitarian calls in San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix to aid in the evacuation and donate critical supplies to each destination. The ship will bring evacuees to Fort Lauderdale before returning to San Juan on October 6 to prepare for the October 7th cruise.

We are very sorry for the impact this storm has had on your vacation. The cruise fare and fees will be 100% refunded to the original form of payment, and we are also offering a 25% future cruise credit, based on the cruise fare, if a new cruise is booked in the next 30 days. Pre-booked shore excursions will also be refunded to your original form of payment.

Future itineraries:

Given Hurricane Irma’s impact to St. Maarten and St. Thomas, as well as Hurricane Maria’s impact to San Juan, we are altering the following ports for future sailings until these islands have fully recovered.

As the recovery effort remains fluid and each island is working diligently to get back to normal operations, we will continue to communicate any port changes approximately four weeks prior to departure.

Adventure of the Seas:

10/7 – St. Croix to Martinique

10/14 – St. Croix to Antigua

Allure of the Seas:

10/1 – St. Thomas & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya

10/15 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya

Enchantment of the Seas:

10/2 & 10/9 – Freeport back to Key West

Harmony of the Seas:

10/7 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya

10/21 – St. Thomas, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya

Serenade of the Seas:

10/20 – St. Thomas & St. Maarten to St. Kitts & Antigua

Oasis of the Seas:

10/8 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya

10/22 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Nassau & Falmouth

We had a two night stay booked at Hotel El Convento post cruise on the 23rd and 24th. I emailed and attempted to call them as soon as I found out we would not be returning to PR, but instead going to FL to disembark, to try to cancel my stay and get my money back (you pay at time of booking with El Convento). The emails bounced and as of a few minutes ago, the phones are still not working. I realize this is probably due to the fact power and phones are down on most of the island. They did post one Facebook update post hurricane, so I tried sending them a FB message too - with no response.

So, regretfully, I just filed a dispute with my credit card company. I HATE doing that, and feel like I am kicking someone while they are down, but don't want more time to go by, and have run out of options to recoup what was a fairly expensive booking.

Dan.