Hurricane Maria

Bigbluegal

I am on the Adventure Sept 30th cruise. IF they offer a FCC and I accept and then later they cancel the cruise, if I have accepted the FCC does that mean I can't switch to the full refund offer? I am just trying to figure out my options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good question.

Back in post #464 it say this..... If you have a trip scheduled for this upcoming week, we recommend you call your hotel or travel agent directly and consider alternative plans.

Now why would RCI provide any incentive for people to try to make their way to Puerto Rico? If they want to provide a cruise for locals who are booked and want to get away then fine. But they should simply say right now that for anyone who can't make their way to the ship they will get a refund. They pulled this same stuff in Galveston not cancelling the first cruise post hurricane until they day of departure. All they do is stress people out with uncertainty and seem to have no regard for local communities that don't need the added burden of tourists showing up right now. This isn't their first, second, or even third time to this rodeo. There is no electricity in Puerto Rico, hotels are closed, the airport is apparently semi-operational..... get it RCI?

My sentiments exactly.

They would likely just give you another FCC. If you rebook under a non-refundable deposit that portion would be lost to the next FCC.

I apologize I am not understanding your response or maybe I did not ask my question clearly.

IF a 100% future cruise credit is offered and I accept it but then on the day of that same cruise for which I accepted the FCC RC decides to cancel the cruise now offering a refund back in the original form of payment, can I call RC and cancel the FCC and accept the new offer of the full refund?

Edited by madeth313

I apologize I am not understanding your response.

IF a 100% future cruise credit is offered and I accept it but then on the day of that same cruise for which I accepted the FCC RC decides to cancel the cruise now offering a refund back in the original form of payment, can I call RC and cancel the FCC and accept the new offer of the full refund?

I had misread your question initially.

I do not know the answer to your question. Frankly speaking, I think if you called Royal directly 3 different times with your question, you would get 3 varying responses. I do believe if you had accepted an FCC prior to cancellation notice you would have to hold the FCC and not be able to convert it.

I hope you get a satisfactory result and also come back to give us all the benefit of knowing what happens.

I apologize I am not understanding your response or maybe I did not ask my question clearly.

They'd better!!!

I had misread your question initially.

I do not know the answer to your question. Frankly speaking, I think if you called Royal directly 3 different times with your question, you would get 3 varying responses. I do believe if you had accepted an FCC prior to cancellation notice you would have to hold the FCC and not be able to convert it.

I hope you get a satisfactory result and also come back to give us all the benefit of knowing what happens.

Thank you. And that reason is exactly why I haven't called RC yet. I am going to wait until we get to the point when RC makes a decision about the 9/30 cruise.

I am frustrated like so many others. I realize the hurricane is no ones fault and out of everyone's control. However, RC can control the way they respond to this situation.

This is our first time on RC and our first time dealing with a disaster of this magnitude. So although I am not going to say I will never sail RC again, it does put a sour taste in my mouth.

Just so more info, a friend of mine was coming to visit me from PR on the 26th. I just got notified the flight out of San Juan has been canceled.

On hold with them now, hoping for a refund or Travel Voucher, considering haven't heard from him since last Tuesday.

Anyway for those waiting for an answer fro RCL [emoji6]

Please. Put your iPhone down. You can list all the ifs you want.

The truth is that RCCL is not going to put any customers in harm's way. They have done everything they can to help those of us who are on their ships now: free WiFi, a room with laptops and free phone service, paying any airline change fees, etc. They will do the same for the next group of passengers. They know a lot more about conditions than you. If you don't have a dog in the fight and are just fanning the flames that helps no one. If you have a cruise in the next week, wait for news from RCCL. Now I'm going for a 1/2 price drink.

Hey now that your back, do you think I was still fanning [emoji91].

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Could well be the telephone lines are down ....

Thanks. We are suppose to leave from San juan October 7th on the adventure of the seas and stay 1 night afterwards. I hope everything works out and pray for the people of San juan.

Please. Put your iPhone down. You can list all the ifs you want.

The truth is that RCCL is not going to put any customers in harm's way. They have done everything they can to help those of us who are on their ships now: free WiFi, a room with laptops and free phone service, paying any airline change fees, etc. They will do the same for the next group of passengers. They know a lot more about conditions than you. If you don't have a dog in the fight and are just fanning the flames that helps no one. If you have a cruise in the next week, wait for news from RCCL. Now I'm going for a 1/2 price drink.

You and Dan helped us a bunch to make early decisions which benefited us. Send me your snail mail address (Dan did and his are enveloped and waiting on the post office tomorrow) and I'll send you some buttons commemorating the chaos. pinman at sign cimorelli dot com

RCCL did the same for us on the IRMA cruise. The news on the ship was much better than anything we were getting ashore and we thank you for the updates.

Fair winds and following seas!

Thank you. And that reason is exactly why I haven't called RC yet. I am going to wait until we get to the point when RC makes a decision about the 9/30 cruise.

I am frustrated like so many others. I realize the hurricane is no ones fault and out of everyone's control. However, RC can control the way they respond to this situation.

This is our first time on RC and our first time dealing with a disaster of this magnitude. So although I am not going to say I will never sail RC again, it does put a sour taste in my mouth.

We have been offered a 100% FCC for our cruise. I am going to hold off accepting as they said in their email that they will continue to asses the situation. The cruise scheduled to depart on Wednesday has now been canceled with a 100% refund.

We did our part and donated.

https://mycause.worldvision.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.event&eventID=1177

To see updates you have to go to Royal's site

Don't click the yellow bar as the other link updates first.

Go to Already Booked, Before you go, Itinerary Updates.

Eventually you will also get an email and text from RCCL as well.

After AA cancelled our flight and automatically tried to rebook, we called and cancelled. They will give you a ticket number and a website address to go to and request a refund.

Just did the Sign and Sail for our replacement cruise. Ugh...... Is it 5 O'Clock yet? Need a glass or two.

After AA cancelled our flight and automatically tried to rebook, we called and cancelled. They will give you a ticket number and a website address to go to and request a refund.

Just did the Sign and Sail for our replacement cruise. Ugh...... Is it 5 O'Clock yet? Need a glass or two.

What did you pick for a replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was your ticket a non refundable with AA.