Epic or Escape: Which is the better ship/ cruise?

Jj343434jj

My wife and I are looking to go on a 7 night cruise from December 16th - 23rd. We have only been on one Norwegian cruise before but want to go again while they are offering the free Unlimited Beverage Package. Both these ships sail the same dates and pretty close in price. With that being said, which ship is better? Better shows, better boat, better experience?

If not staying in the Haven, Escape would probably get more votes.

If staying in the Haven, Epic would probably get more votes.

My vote is for Escape in either case.

We would not be staying in the Haven. We are never in our room so we always just book an inside room.

The Escape pool area is cramped and badly designed. But other than that I found it hard to fault, with great venues. I'd go for The Escape.

That said, I love The Epic and I'm about to sail on her for the 4th time. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Escape pool area is cramped and badly designed. But other than that I found it hard to fault, with great venues. I'd go for The Escape.

That said, I love The Epic and I'm about to sail on her for the 4th time. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well I guess that sounds like we couldn't go wrong with either one

OP - PAST CRUISES

RCL - Bahamas - Enchantment of the Seas - 2015

RCL - Western Caribbean - Independence of the Seas- 2015 (Got Engaged!)

RCL - Western Caribbean - Empress of the Seas - 2016

NCL- Bahamas - Norwegian Sky - Dec 16th, 2016

RCL - Oasis of the Seas - March 26th, 2017 (Honeymoon)

Since you have cruised quite a few ships, which ones did you like better and which did you not like? That might help folks sway you one way or the other.

We have done 1 Epic and 1 Breakaway. Have yet to do Escape but I understand Escape is set up similar to Breakaway/Getaway.

While we thoroughly enjoyed Breakaway class ships but the pool deck is not good at all. It is broken up and does not flow well if you have kids.

We enjoy the Epic pool deck much more. We can sit, have drinks and listen to music while the kids are in pools, on the slides and still be able to see them. The kids like the slides better on Epic too. We also liked the Adult area on Epic more than Breakaway class ships. The Breakaway classes ships have the rope course that my kids absolutely loved.

The room shape in Epic balcony and mini suites is rather funky. We didn't like that at all. It made the room feel small and cramped.

We debated between Epic and Escape for our Thanksgiving cruise and went with the Epic because we just enjoyed the layout of the ship better. We also went with 2 inside staterooms room versus a balcony room for Epic for space reasons as well as not to have to deal with that funky curved set up. In addition, we went with Epic because Port Canaveral for us logistically is easier to get to and easy/quick to get in and out off.

Have sailed the Getaway and Escape. When we got off of the Escape last year, we immediately booked the same cabin for this year again on the Escape. The Food Republic and District Brewhouse are only on the Escape and they are two of my favorite venues on any ship/line I have sailed on.

OP - PAST CRUISES

RCL - Bahamas - Enchantment of the Seas - 2015

RCL - Western Caribbean - Independence of the Seas- 2015 (Got Engaged!)

RCL - Western Caribbean - Empress of the Seas - 2016

NCL- Bahamas - Norwegian Sky - Dec 16th, 2016

RCL - Oasis of the Seas - March 26th, 2017 (Honeymoon)

Since you have cruised quite a few ships, which ones did you like better and which did you not like? That might help folks sway you one way or the other.

We loved the Independence, and the Oasis the most. But that is to be expected as they are the bigger ships. We sailed on the Sky and didn't care for it, but we understand that is one of Norwegian's oldest and smallest ships.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one! We've sailed both twice and would sail either again in a heartbeat.

If I had to choose, I'd probably pick Escape just because it's a newer ship.

We (well, I) want to get on an Oasis class one of these days now that we live in FL!

Love all the great reviews on the Escape. We leave on Sept 23 on the Escape and this being our 1st NCL cruise. We have cruise 20+ times but never on NCL. Our Cruise of choice has been RCL but so excited to see what all NCL has to offer. Booked Mini Suite on 14th floor

mid-ship. Even with the itinerary change we are excited to be going. We live in SWFL and just went through the eye of Irma, so we are in need of some R&R.