Online check-in

cineroo

We are scheduled to cruise next week (weather permitting). My hubby and son and I are in one cabin and I have done our online check-on and gotten our set sail pass. My college age daughter is in another cabin with a family friend. My daughter is NOT going to be able to join us, unfortunately. I am not asking about refund policy or anything like that, but wondering is there any reason I should go ahead and do her online check-in when I know she isn't going to be able to go? After searching CC, I have seen different advise on whether or not to say anything to RCI about her not coming or when to say something...any advise on that?

She will be a no show and her port fees and taxes will be credited to the original source.

If you tell them in advance, the room may be changed to give it to a double.

How does that work? They are going to take a solo who has a cabin that was paid for as a double and move them? Where would they move them?

Does Royal have solo cabins like NCL?

Bill

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Royal Caribbean does have a few ships that have "studio" cabins for single occupancy, but that's not what would happen here. Instead, if you remove daughter, the risk is that Royal Caribbean could reprice the cabin at the current single-occupancy rate which is likely to be significantly higher than what you paid for two at the double-occupancy rate as rates tend to go up closer to sailing.

It's best to say nothing...no one cares and no one will ask. This happened to us recently on Harmony. We had no shows didn't want to take a chance on losing the cabin location (that's the main point)...I doubt the cabin would have been repriced regardless...after all they already received full payment for it.