Haven advice

Dizzkitty

Any advice greatly appreciated! We have a family joining us on our cruise. They are a family of 5 (2 adults, 2 kids, and a 19 year old au pair). They would like to book the 2 bedroom Haven and then an inside room for the au pair, but she is underage to have a room by herself. Their thought was to put Hubby in the single room and nanny in the 2 bedroom, but then he wouldn't be able to have access to the Haven. Does guest services allow to switch names once onboard?

Do they expect the au pair to help with meals? Or with the kids by the Haven pool? If she's not in the Haven she isn't allowed in the Haven pool area and they'd have to pay for her to have dinner in the restaurant. thanks They could book5 in the 2 bed room suite

Edited by hansolosmom

I very much doubt they will allow the underage nanny in a room by herself onboard either. And if they don't, the husband will be unable to have access to the haven. Could the nanny sleep on the couch in the 2 bedroom?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are doing something very similar in just 20 days.

We (myself, DH, and two kids aged 6 and 2.5) will be traveling in the Haven along with our (27 year old) nanny.

We did not consider the option of getting her a separate room because of course we want her to be around for the Haven restaurant, pool, etc., but also because we would like assistance with the kids for baths, beds, early wake ups, etc.

We have the 2 bedroom family villa. DH and I will take the bedroom- the nanny and the kids will split the sofa bed and small bedroom in anyway that pleases them as long as the 2 year old is not on the top bunk. I suspect the youngest may end up on the couch and the older child and nanny in the bedroom (youngest sleeps like a brick so late night arrivals etc won't be a problem for him). I really don't care as long as they wake HER up at 0700 each day :cool:

I have reviewed the videos and plans for this room extensively and while I think it will be a tight fit, I think it would work. The three of them will share the 2nd bathroom.

Any advice greatly appreciated! We have a family joining us on our cruise. They are a family of 5 (2 adults, 2 kids, and a 19 year old au pair). They would like to book the 2 bedroom Haven and then an inside room for the au pair, but she is underage to have a room by herself. Their thought was to put Hubby in the single room and nanny in the 2 bedroom, but then he wouldn't be able to have access to the Haven. Does guest services allow to switch names once onboard?

As has been said, book all of you in the 2 bedroom Haven suite. If the Au Pair is going to spend most of the time with the children there is no reason not to.