Lyft allowed at any of the ports?

jayscore

I was thinking about it today ... I think the Port in Jacksonville did not tell me the truth (now this is the only port I know that is behind all the fences and you have to show your boarding pass to even get in) .... but anyway I have sailed out of their many times before ....... we called them the last time and asked if an Uber driver could bring us in and they said probably not (we were at a hotel and didn't want to wait for the shuttle) they said that they have to have some kind of special sticker or something ..... and stupid me believed them they gave me a number to call and it was a dang taxi ..... but just today ... and this was LAST December ..... I realized that no personal car has special stickers ......

• 3 months later...
It's not a dumb question. Some airports don't allow it so I can see why someone who is unfamiliar with the port may ask.

That is because certain airports don't allow pickups unless drivers have a chauffeur's license or livery plates, that doesn't mean they ban uber or lyft specifically.