*epic - posh beach club questions

SailLaVie

If you bid to the Haven, you get access to everything the Haven does, Posh, Haven restaurant, priority seating at shows, etc. what you don't get would be the additional free at sea perks. So if your booked cabin earned you two choices, you wouldn't be upgraded to 4.

My sail away balcony came with zero choices. LOL Good thing I'm not a big drinker. LOL

I still think to upgrade for another 4-5 grand, they should throw in the free at sea perks.

See, I guess this is what bugs me about the Haven.... the cost is ridiculous and then they want to nickel and dime you for gratuities and taxes. If I wanted to upgrade my balcony to Haven, they wanted about another $2000-$2500/pp. I figure if you pay for the Haven, they should include ALL costs in the price. If I'm paying upwards of 8 grand (CDN $$) I don't want anymore costs! But that's just me. ;)

Royal Caribbean's "all inclusive" Suites (aka Star Class) run well more than The Haven. Their lower Suites don't include drink packages, dining package, gratuities, etc and often run 6k+ USD for 2 people.

The only way to guarantee entrance to Posh is by booking the Haven, and I see there are only 2 Haven rooms left for hat cruise. And yes, Posh and the total Haven experience is completely worth it. They may sell additional passes, but there is no guarantee of that, and if they do, it is extremely limited. Also, if you stay in the Haven, you can order food in Posh, If you are lucky and get to buy a pass, you cannot.

Is it the menu from the Courtyard Grill that is available to Haven guests to choose from in Posh?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

See, I guess this is what bugs me about the Haven.... the cost is ridiculous and then they want to nickel and dime you for gratuities and taxes. If I wanted to upgrade my balcony to Haven, they wanted about another $2000-$2500/pp. I figure if you pay for the Haven, they should include ALL costs in the price. If I'm paying upwards of 8 grand (CDN $$) I don't want anymore costs! But that's just me. ;)

Why would it bug you. You are getting a suite for a greatly discounted rate. You don't deserve the perks that full fare customers get. Just like booking sailaway fares, you get a discounted fare with no perks

Royal Caribbean's "all inclusive" Suites (aka Star Class) run well more than The Haven. Their lower Suites don't include drink packages, dining package, gratuities, etc and often run 6k+ USD for 2 people.

Ouch! I've found RCCL to be way too expensive usually and I don't think I could justify that cost for a few extra perks. Besides, I'm a down to earth, regular girl... not sure I'd fit in with the Haven crowd.

Why would it bug you. You are getting a suite for a greatly discounted rate. You don't deserve the perks that full fare customers get. Just like booking sailaway fares, you get a discounted fare with no perks

I don't consider paying close to 7 grand CDN a discount! If I'm paying that much money for a cabin, I expect to get the perks. But that's just me ;)

I don't consider paying close to 7 grand CDN a discount! If I'm paying that much money for a cabin, I expect to get the perks. But that's just me ;)

When we book our Haven or Suite we pay whatever the price is and if the price goes down we get an adjustment. The cost is always more than those who bid later on a cabin who get a nice discount. I can understand you want to have the perks and you can if you purchase the upgrade or cancel/rebook and pay the going price for the Haven/Suite cabin. The bid process (which we have not used) allows someone to get the cabin at a discount not including perks.

By the way, I am not special or think I am better because I can enjoy a Haven/Suite. I am just a sweet retired Grandma who worked hard all of her life so my old bones can enjoy the benefits these cabins allot. My next two cruises are not in a Suite or Haven. ;)

Is it the menu from the Courtyard Grill that is available to Haven guests to choose from in Posh?

There is a limited menu but should you wish something else you can always telephone your butler. We had this happen once - We were so exhausted one day when we returned we crawled almost literally to Posh for a drink. They just closed the "food option" when we got there so we had to call and ask the butler to bring us food. The bartenders told me not to feel guilty it is what the Butler does for you. God bless the Butler he did bring us a nice meal. For those of you thinking we are lazy we are in our late 60's and early 70's. At the time I had foot issues (which put me in a boot when we returned home) I was so happy to have our wonderful Butler!

There is a limited menu but should you wish something else you can always telephone your butler. We had this happen once - We were so exhausted one day when we returned we crawled almost literally to Posh for a drink. They just closed the "food option" when we got there so we had to call and ask the butler to bring us food. The bartenders told me not to feel guilty it is what the Butler does for you. God bless the Butler he did bring us a nice meal. For those of you thinking we are lazy we are in our late 60's and early 70's. At the time I had foot issues (which put me in a boot when we returned home) I was so happy to have our wonderful Butler!

Thanks. Guilt shouldn't be an issue, god knows we are paying enough for the privilege.

• 2 weeks later...
I will remain optimistic without being disappointed if I fail. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I won't run to get them though ;)

I have been on the Escape(once) and the Getaway (twice) and have been told its a waste of time but I have always got a pass and enjoy all 3 cruises and the beach clubs. Now others are right that you got to be in front of the line and a early bird to have a shot at them but they are worth it. I usually as I have done before on all my cruises and this November will be my 12th I'm at the port before 9am and one of the 1st to board after the haven..It also depends on how many Haven guest use the posh pass. I know on the escape they sold 60 pass's to non-haven guess, but my last Getaway cruise there was on 20 pass's sold

If you're wanting some nice comfy loungers and not worried about bar service there is a nice area alongside Posh that not a lot of people seem to know about outside of cruise critic members, and it's free to use. :)

If you're wanting some nice comfy loungers and not worried about bar service there is a nice area alongside Posh that not a lot of people seem to know about outside of cruise critic members, and it's free to use. :)

Thank you I did not know about that area,that will be a cool area to check out if I don't get a pass.

I have been on the Escape(once) and the Getaway (twice) and have been told its a waste of time but I have always got a pass and enjoy all 3 cruises and the beach clubs. Now others are right that you got to be in front of the line and a early bird to have a shot at them but they are worth it. I usually as I have done before on all my cruises and this November will be my 12th I'm at the port before 9am and one of the 1st to board after the haven..It also depends on how many Haven guest use the posh pass. I know on the escape they sold 60 pass's to non-haven guess, but my last Getaway cruise there was on 20 pass's sold

So,,, let’s fix a few thing here.

The Posh Club on the Epic is different than the Vibe on the Breakaway, Getaway, or Escape. The Posh Club is the private sundeck for the Havens. So, ALL Havens guests have access to the Posh Club. The ship will sell less than 10 additional passes to non-Havens guests.

With the improved boarding order implemented in Feb/Mar 2017, general boarding begins after Ambassador, Platinum Plus and Platinum members.

If you are in general boarding on the Epic, you have to hope that none of the priority boarders want a pass and get the <10 passes that are available to non-Havens guests.

So,,, let’s fix a few thing here.

The Posh Club on the Epic is different than the Vibe on the Breakaway, Getaway, or Escape. The Posh Club is the private sundeck for the Havens. So, ALL Havens guests have access to the Posh Club. The ship will sell less than 10 additional passes to non-Havens guests.

With the improved boarding order implemented in Feb/Mar 2017, general boarding begins after Ambassador, Platinum Plus and Platinum members.

If you are in general boarding on the Epic, you have to hope that none of the priority boarders want a pass and get the <10 passes that are available to non-Havens guests.

Ok thank you, did not know that it was a different setup then others but its no big deal if I don't get a pass. I will hope i'm as lucky as I have been on other cruises and be at the front of the line lol.

NICE! One can only try. My son wants to go for it, so we shall see what happens. I think it's a waste of money for me, but I'll do just about anything to spend extra time with him. LOL

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out if we don't get the passes ;)

Ok thank you, did not know that it was a different setup then others but its no big deal if I don't get a pass. I will hope i'm as lucky as I have been on other cruises and be at the front of the line lol.

Good luck! My fingers are crossed for you. Which sailing are you on?

Good luck! My fingers are crossed for you. Which sailing are you on?
Well Thank you I will try but sound like my chances are slim to none, lol but there is a area outside the posh sound like will be a nice quiet area, plus I have my thermal suite pass to pamper myself already. I will be on the Nov.18th sailing for Thanksgiving, So figure it will be a full cruise with a lot of family's on board. Edited by rumrunner55

We are on the same cruise! We have the Spa pass and are in the Haven as well, and will be spending lots of time in Posh. It was one of the highlights our last trip. We really liked the fact it was adults only.

Someone asked earlier if the menu was from the Haven's courtyard grill. I can't remember 100%, but it seemed more limited than that, but had some similar items. We looked at it once, but didn't order anything at that time. But i remember sandwiches, etc. It was really windy up there, and we thought it was easier to be eating at a table somewhere enclosed.

We are on the same cruise! We have the Spa pass and are in the Haven as well, and will be spending lots of time in Posh. It was one of the highlights our last trip. We really liked the fact it was adults only.

Someone asked earlier if the menu was from the Haven's courtyard grill. I can't remember 100%, but it seemed more limited than that, but had some similar items. We looked at it once, but didn't order anything at that time. But i remember sandwiches, etc. It was really windy up there, and we thought it was easier to be eating at a table somewhere enclosed.

Hey great yeah I think that's what draws me too the posh and vibes clubs cause its adult only and a little on the quiet side. cause I do like to read and relax some

Well Thank you I will try but sound like my chances are slim to none, lol but there is a area outside the posh sound like will be a nice quiet area, plus I have my thermal suite pass to pamper myself already. I will be on the Nov.18th sailing for Thanksgiving, So figure it will be a full cruise with a lot of family's on board.

Yeah, but you never know. Stay positive and luck might be on your side. You're on the sailing right before me. I have my thermal suites pass too, so I'll really be following in your footsteps. :cool:

Do you know what the cost is for this type of pass?

Hello Not sure which pass you are asking about the posh pass or vibe pass on other ships are 150.00 a week not sure about the Posh pass on the Epic as its tie into the Haven and for non haven guess almost impossible to get. Now the Thermal suite spa pass for the week on the internet site was 199.00 if you wait till you are on board and purchase its 220.00 I believe so a 20.00 savings now the massages and treatments are different prices