Stupid question RE:Robes

emcee207

I'm guilty of taking my robe out in public. ;)

TACKY!!!! Is all I can say!!! Geeze, would you wear a robe to a pool at a land resort?????? :eek: For Gawd's sake--keep "robes" in the cabin! :rolleyes: I would sooner be caught dead than trying to go in public in a bath robe!

TACKY!!!! Is all I can say!!! Geeze, would you wear a robe to a pool at a land resort?????? :eek: For Gawd's sake--keep "robes" in the cabin! :rolleyes: I would sooner be caught dead than trying to go in public in a bath robe!

Rosie at least you got the 'TACKY' part across (I hope).

I don't get it. I know I will be using the pool, therefore I take 'cover ups' with me. Geez is that so hard? Would you say 'I didn't bring clothes for the restaurant' so I'll just wear the robe'? Parading around in a bath robe in any area of the ship other than your cabin is not cool. How much clearer can X make it. It's on the hang tag on your robe in your cabin and now, since some people still don't seem to get it, they put it in the daily! Are you getting the idea that X doesn't want you to do it?

I think what we should do when we see robes by the pool is simply to take them. If people have to start paying $50 for robes they take out of their cabins they may get it!

BTW, if you really don't own any cover ups or can't afford them, wrap a pool towel around yourself and then leave it with your towels in your room. And don't people dry off before they leave the pool area and go back to their rooms? I do.

Sorry all. This is just a pet peeve of mine and I do get on the soapbox.:D

Rosie, three times is enough, are you trying to rack up more posts! :D

Our experience in four Royal Suites on Celebrity, is that the robes are very very thick and heavy. Do we wear them to the pool - no, because we only go to the pool to sit at the bar and drink! However, we do wear them up one deck to go to the T-pool and no one says anything!!

The only thing about the robes is that "they are one size fits all". So my DW disappears when she dons her robe :D.

I didn't POST my reply all those times---the screwed up boards did it for me! :mad: I'm certain you heard me the first time which is why I said I was sorry the post got repeated so many times! I've posted here long enough to KNOW once is enough!

I saw an elderly couple come to the hot tub with robes on. They stayed for 30 minutes put their robes back on and left. I assume they went to their room because they didn't go to loungers. I see no problem with this. :)

I can't see that makes any difference. Perhaps they were the ones I saw in the buffet!

Stacey, lighten up a bit. Rosie did apologise for the multiple posts.

Phil

We all know the boards have been acting up so multiple posts are happening to a LOT of people. Rosie was gracious enough to apologize for something that was out of her control which, in my opinion, makes her a LADY. Phil was merely pointing this out.

Let's get back to the subject at hand.

Celebrity has asked, not once (on hang tags), but twice (in the dailys) so obviously THEY see something wrong with it, as do a majority of their fellow passengers judging by the snicker and comments. IT IS NOT ALLOWED.

Besides, I get up in the morning, comb my hair, brush my teeth, and DRESS for the day. If I happen to go to the buffet for breakfast I don't want to see someone walking around wearing a robe and carrying a cup of coffee. And I shouldn't have to. People should have enough respect for themselves and others to DRESS. Some, or most, of these people may have bathing suits under the robes, but for all I know, they could have on jammies or (eek! be naked). To me, the wearing of the robes around the pool is just as offensive! BUY A BATHING SUIT COVER UP!!!

JMO, so what are others opinions?:D

The first time on HAL that we were in a minisuite with robes, we were both heavier (thanks, Weight Watchers!) and the robes didn't quite fit. I never asked, but as we are to go on Celebrity next in a CC cabin....

For those who require a larger robe, are they available? I'm not talking really big, but perhaps a 2X at least?

I COMPLAINED AFTER OUR BALTIC CRUISE LAST AUGUST THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DIFFERENT SIZES. I'M 5 FT. TALL, AND MY HUSBAND IS 5'11". MANY COUPLES ALSO NEED SMALLER OR LARGER SIZES (AROUND). IF ENOUGH PEOPLE COMPLAIN, MAYBE THEY'LL BE MORE ACCOMMODATING.

LOL Folks,

I'm the original poster and had my question answered in the first couple of posts. When I saw it bumped up this morn and saw the number of replys I had to check it out. Then I really laughed when I saw that 10 of the posts belonged to Rosie. No problem kid, we've all done it.:)

One thing is for sure, we can sure over analyze on here

Okay, I'll admit it. Only once out of three celebrity cruises did we take our robes out of our cabin. That was on the way to the Persian Gardens and right back afterwards. We had our swimsuits on underneath. Sorry, don't beat me!!

I would surely laugh if I saw someone wearing one in the buffet line but sorry to say I"ve seen worse there:rolleyes:

I am confused. Everyone was encouraged to wear thier's outside the cabin on my cruise.

Ok, so it was for the White Night party onboard the Summit, lol. It was pretty funny to see one of the waiters wearing one. A couple officers did as well. And yes, they were clothed under, lol.

Archived