Taxi or Princess Transfers LA airport to cruise terminal

Cinerama

Does Super Shuttle have a fleet of vans waiting at the cruise terminal when the cruise ship docks or do you have to call them to pick you up?

It has a fleet of vans in a holding area close by but not allowed to line up right outside the terminal. Just approach its curb side agent dressed in blue and he/she will contact a van for you. If you book and pay online in advance, you can search for a discount code on Google and save 5% to 10% off the advertised price. Be aware shuttle bus service may not be reliable if the pick up time you want is off peak hours.

I do not like to wait for an entire bus to fill up. It takes way too long. Therefore I would never do a transfer from the airport. Having a family of 4, we always do Uber or Lyft. The Super Shuttle idea sounds good too, as those take less time to fill.

Taxi's are usually more expensive than Uber and Lyft, but I did a taxi from the Port to LAX and that was a $60 or $65 flat fee

I have taken taxis on 5 post cruise trips from San Pedro to LAX since July. The fares I have experienced are metered, not flat rate. You are correct fees vary from $60 -$65 plus tip. I have had professional drivers each time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I have a slightly different answer. If your flight is arriving the same day as the cruise departs, and if your flight arrives late, book the Princess shuttle to the ship. From the ship I would not use the Princess shuttle.

We use the Princess shuttle for this reason. Sure it costs a bit more but its nice to know they know that you are arriving (usually before 9:00 am).

Last time we arrived around 8:50 am, was met by Princess, collected luggage and was directed to the next Princess travel person, then by 9:30 am we are on the bus. Yes, it did stop 2 other times @ the airport but that took only 5 - 10 minutes to collect those passengers. We were @ the terminal by 10:45 am. All good.

We have not had a problem with using Princess shuttle coming or going. Yes, it is a bit more but we have peace of mind.

Choose what you are comfortable with ~ price & ride.

Why would you recommend Uber or Lyft over a taxi?

Price, quality of vehicular, customer service, payment easier, no cash, driver actually gets out of car, nicer experience...............

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for bringing this up. We are new cruisers to the west coast, and are flying into LAX, I have looked into Long Beach airport, but we don't have that option from our home airport. From the East Coast we normally book a car service from the airport to the hotel. We have never used Uber or Lyft. Are their any car services we can book to go from LAX to the Queen Mary?

I just checked Carmel Limo for the trip from LAX to the Queen Mary Hotel it's 94.00

Thanks for bringing this up. We are new cruisers to the west coast, and are flying into LAX, I have looked into Long Beach airport, but we don't have that option from our home airport. From the East Coast we normally book a car service from the airport to the hotel. We have never used Uber or Lyft. Are their any car services we can book to go from LAX to the Queen Mary?

I just checked Carmel Limo for the trip from LAX to the Queen Mary Hotel it's 94.00

Which Queen Mary are you referring to? The QE2, or the one permanently docked in Long Beach?

$94 from LAX to San Pedro or Long Beach sounds about right. From my house to LAX it is a little further and I pay about $100.

We were planning a cruise ending in Los Angeles. The cruise offering was tight as far as getting us to LAX even though the ship docked at 7:30 and our flight was at 12:30. There were options through shuttles and limousine serves that offered similar prices and better timing.

We used cruise line transfers twice and as earlier mentioned, your bus won't leave until it is full which is worse going back to the Airport then arriving when pressed for time on your return flight. Depending on traffic, the drive back to LAX is a roughly an hour. Your better off taking a prearranged shuttle or cab.