April 18 or 19 Hawaii cruise

bogofman

is there a good time to book this cruise,

prices seem to be the same for guarentee cabins ( only balconies available) for April 18 as the April 19 prices

do these prices fluctuate or do they stay the same throughout the year?

I don't think prices ever stay the same throughout the year. Where are you? There are some good deals at the moment here in th UK. I booked Solstice April 2018 about two months ago and now the cabin price is £400 cheaper. Should have waited, but benefit of hindsight and all that.

Phil

I don't think prices ever stay the same throughout the year. Where are you? There are some good deals at the moment here in th UK. I booked Solstice April 2018 about two months ago and now the cabin price is £400 cheaper. Should have waited, but benefit of hindsight and all that.

Phil

We are also UK, looking at the April 18 or 19 or Sept 18

All prices seem high to me when comparing to other celebrity itinaries.

If they can get enough demand to pay the higher prices why not do the runs more often, would it not be more profitable than the caribbean at 599 a week?

Looks like the April 18 guarentee cabins are currently over£2000 pp

As the Hawaii sailings are only offered twice a year, they always seem to be in great demand and it is rare to see a price reduction. The only time I have seen a bargain rate has been for a last minute exciting deals rate for an inside guarantee. You can never count on a similar rate being offered. If you have your heart set on this cruise you should book it when you see a price you can live with. Keep in mind that since they started offering drinks packages on this cruise the pricing is higher, reflecting the cost of the included drink package perk.

Edited by rose6
Grammar

I've done that cruise 3 times and it's usually better to book that one as far ahead as possible. It always fills up and the number of cancellations must be small, because the prices don't usually drop 3 or 4 months from the sail date like on many other sailings.. It's a fantastic cruise if you can handle the 5 sea days. The first (or last) two days when you are near Vancouver can be chilly rough but we have had fantastic weather on the other days. The last time we did it was April 2016, we booked late and we paid nearly $2000 for a balcony guarantee which worked out ok as we ended up in a Concierge cabin.

We have cruised to or from Hawaii a number of times. We book as early as possible. I booked Solstice April 2019 back in Dec 2016. The prices just seem to go up up up. We did this cruise in May 2017. I booked AquaClass, but was able to get a sky suite for a good price after final payment.