First time Suite questions

seasidesam

Are Bloody Mary's included free of charge in the suite breakfast at Sabatini's? Thank You

They used to be included but that has changed - at least on the Caribbean Princess.

On the Caribbean Princess trans-Atlantic from Southampton to New York in September 2016, Bloddy Mary's were included. The waitress in Sabatini's made them there and she was not light on the alcohol.:)

On the Caribbean Princess British Isles cruise round trip Southampton in August 2017, they were no longer available.:( The same waitress served me on that crusie that made the Blood Mary's the previous September, but she was no longer able to make them. She had to go to the bar to get each one I ordered, and I had to sign for each one. I asked the head waiter, and he said they were no longer able to make them in Sabatini's. The ones from the bar were the standard Bloody Mary's - not the extra special ones that they used to make in Sabatini's. I still ordered them most mornings (with Sip & Sail), but they weren't as good.

3. As mentioned above tell your room steward if you want to swap out one mini bar for coffee card. Ours contacted room service and they swapped it out
Please do not ask your steward to get involved. He/she is responsible for 20 or more cabins and is overworked as is. They should not be asked to do something outside of their assigned job. It is just as easy for you to call room service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we traveled in a suite, I was a little anxious about the comp speciality resto on the first night. But our steward told me not to stress. We simply showed up in the steak house and were told that only suite passengers were welcomed in the specialty restos on the first night, so reservations were not necessary. We were seated immediately and the place was only half-occupied.

When we traveled in a suite, I was a little anxious about the comp speciality resto on the first night. But our steward told me not to stress. We simply showed up in the steak house and were told that only suite passengers were welcomed in the specialty restos on the first night, so reservations were not necessary. We were seated immediately and the place was only half-occupied.

At the risk of my memory letting me down again (it was me who was corrected after I said that our steward sorted matters out when one mini-bar set up was missing), but I am not of the opinion that 'only suite passengers were welcomed in the specialty restos on the first night'.

Certainly, we have seen people in the speciality restaurants on the first night who we never subsequently saw taking breakfast in Sabatinis.

A few years ago when traveling in a full suite on the Sapphire I called to make reservations for dinner in the Stirling Steakhouse around 6:30 on embarkation evening and was told that the earliest available time was after 8:00. I then mentioned that we were in a suite and 6:30 became available. At least on that cruise they were only accepting early dinner reservations from full suite passengers. I imagine that they would also have allowed walk-ins by others.

On another cruise we were sailing in a window suite which are on the Fiesta deck on the Grand, Golden and Caribbean. The person at the Crown Grill told me that there were no cabins on Fiesta deck. It took a minute or two to convince him otherwise but our reservations were made.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is not true. The dress code for the suite breakfast is the same as the dress code for breakfast in the MDR. They do require you to wear pants, shirt, and shoes - and wet swimming trunks are not allowed.:)

Yes, you should have underwear on or they wont want to serve you. Everyone in shorts enjoying mimosas and a Bloody Mary. Do not miss the breakfast.

We used to only do room service on the suite balcony which was very nice but the Sabatinis breakfast was a hoot on the Crown on our last in January sailing. The waiters were yuuckin' it up and the champagne was flowing. Nap time was around Noon..

I will have to disagree on this one. We have eaten a few times on embarkation day evening in specialty restaurants while not in a suite. It was open to anyone. Can't see how they could limit this. They would have pretty empty venue.

steeler fanXL

I can only speak from experience

we had window suite on New England cruise several yrs ago and bloody Mary's were not free and this spring on the diamond they were also not available for free....

so maybe it is a ship by ship inclusion or exclusion..........but we are on the Regal next month so perhaps we will request on that ship and see

We have sailed in a full suite several times and taken advantage of the embarkation night specialty restaurant benefit. On some occasions friends who were not in full suites joined us. One time there were 20 of us and only 10 were in full suites.

While it may be true that they only take reservations for early dinning times from suite passengers, I know that they have never denied non-suite passengers dinner on embarkation night. That has been my experience on 11 different Princess ships.

Must the suite passengers use their complimentary speciality restaurant benefit on embarkation night or can they change it for another night during the cruise?

Corfe Mixture reported on another thread that his Maitre'D allowed a change to another night as he felt it rude to not show up to his Traditional Dining table on the first night.

Corfe Mixture reported on another thread that his Maitre'D allowed a change to another night as he felt it rude to not show up to his Traditional Dining table on the first night.

Yup, it was on Ocean Princess where there was no freedom dining, only traditional.

Must the suite passengers use their complimentary speciality restaurant benefit on embarkation night or can they change it for another night during the cruise?

The policy is that it is for the first night. In my opinion, one of the reasons they started offering it was that the specialty restaurants were not busy on the first night.

If you want a different night, it doesn't hurt to ask. Most people I have heard from who have asked have been allowed to change. I would not try to arrange this on the DINE line; I believe it would be better to talk to one of the head waiters. If you are onboard in time for lunch, I would recommend asking the head waiter at the Club Class restaurant during lunch.