Vista Family Harbor Noise Question

Californiacruizers

Greetings Fellow Cruisers:

In looking at deck plans it appears that the Family Harbor area on the Vista is located below the Horizon Dining room. Can anyone tell me if noise was from above was a problem? My concern is having a small child that may have a bedtime during dinner service.

It depends on where your room is. We sailed on 9/17, and we were in room 2463. We had zero noise. It was great. (Granted, we were rarely in the room during dinner...but we didn't hear any during breakfast...when we were still snoozing!). However, if you move down closer to the Family Harbor lounge, you will be under the galley. We had someone on our sailing who said the noise was absolutely HORRIBLE. I've seen posts on this forum that list specific room numbers that are bad, so do a search. One mentioned that it sounded like a dishwasher being thrown down a flight of stairs, or something to that effect!

Thank you I just called Carnival and was told that all of the rooms in the FHL are under the dining room. The person then went on to try to sell me a balcony elsewhere, for higher price. I need to do a bit more research on the FHL.

I would search these boards/the internet in general on feedback from that particular room.....sometimes you find it, sometimes not but worth a shot

Greetings Fellow Cruisers:

In looking at deck plans it appears that the Family Harbor area on the Vista is located below the Horizon Dining room. Can anyone tell me if noise was from above was a problem? My concern is having a small child that may have a bedtime during dinner service.

Not a good idea.

We stayed just 2 rooms forward of the Family Harbor Lounge (2421). It is under the Galley (kitchen) which seems to never close. Sounds like pulling a refrigerator across the floor, which was our ceiling. Also dropping pots and pans sounds. Started around 3 in the morning about 6 nights of our 10 day cruise.

If you overlay the deck plans, the galley is above cabins 2354 thru 2426 on the port side and 2361 thru 2443 on the starboard side. I would avoid anything in between.

We stayed just 2 rooms forward of the Family Harbor Lounge (2421). It is under the Galley (kitchen) which seems to never close. Sounds like pulling a refrigerator across the floor, which was our ceiling. Also dropping pots and pans sounds. Started around 3 in the morning about 6 nights of our 10 day cruise.

If you overlay the deck plans, the galley is above cabins 2354 thru 2426 on the port side and 2361 thru 2443 on the starboard side. I would avoid anything in between.

Can I ask was the family harbor worth it? We are debating between the fh cove and deluxe ocean view or a regular cove! We are going to try and save some $ and get one room our adult kids are 18 and 21 thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can I ask was the family harbor worth it? We are debating between the fh cove and deluxe ocean view or a regular cove! We are going to try and save some $ and get one room our adult kids are 18 and 21 thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival upgraded us to a FH suite for free. We had a cove balony (2283) which was under Guest Services and would have been nice and quite. But they called and offered us (Wife, Mother-in-law and I ) the suite, which we could not turn down. Suite has 2 bathrooms and seperate sleeping area/ couch with 2nd tv and about 50% more room.

I think if we would have had to pay for it, it would have cost anoth $1500 over the $3100 for our 10 day Mediterrainean cruse

WOW I'm booked for New Years in cabin # 2415. I guess I'll have to pack earplugs. Thanks for the heads up .

Edited by Glock19

We are booked in room 2421 for our cruise in June I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue over our room especially since this was the last room that could accommodate 5 ppl and had a balcony. :(

We are booked in room 2421 for our cruise in June I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue over our room especially since this was the last room that could accommodate 5 ppl and had a balcony. :(

Yeah. We figure that Carnival must have really screwed up putting Family style rooms right under the Galley. Should really piss off lots of mothers when their kid can't sleep at night because of the noise.