Princess Cays

BlacThorn1

Hey all, we are going on our first cruise over xmas. We stop in Princess Cays last. We know it is a beach/relaxing day but was just interested to know where the best spots are, what most people do, what kinda food/drink is available etc.....:D

Just got back from Princ Cay last week. When you tender in, you can

either go to the left or right. On the right side, there are more swimming

options with life guards. To the left...you walk over alittle bridge and it

is much more quiet. Either to the right or left, both sides have loungers,

and a bb-q buffet & water & ice tea. There is one tiki bar on each side that serves alcohol. If you plan to go into the water bring water shoes,

most of the area is rocky getting in.

All in all it is a nice, relaxing island.....enjoy

I think that JMKW has gotten their rights and lefts mixed up.....to the RIGHT you cross the bridge to the quieter side, and if you are on a "sun class" ship your lunch in only available to the LEFT, which has stores, music and many other activities.

We always enjoy our day at Princess Cays and spend much time snorkelling

Was there for Thanksgiving week cruise and it was just beautiful. We went to the right as you got off the tender and went over the bridge and then got 2 lounge chairs in the sun and 2 in the shade. The cabana's were one problem that we saw- they were 5 deep- and you couldn't see over them at all. They were lined up right along the shoreline.

The bar staff were coming around taking drink orders. I had taken a soda in a cooler and had that on the island. Beware the drinks are larger than what you think and they were about 7 bucks. Stawberry Daqari The buffet opened up at 11. Not much there- hamburgers, hotdogs, etc. They had nice cookies and cakes. We had some cookies, cakes and then headed back to the ship around noontime to eat lunch. We got the one of the first tenders over to the island.

One thing I was not aware of before we arrived last week....

When getting off the tender, go to the left....all the way down...and you will find hammocks!!!

Deb

They are fun especially getting out!!:D

there are toys for rent: kayaks, water trikes, floats, etc. Also snorkel equipment if you do not have your own.

If you plan on snorkeling, though, it is well worth the investment in an inexpensive mask and snorkel - you can forego fins and vest if you know how to swim. The fins take up so much room in the luggage, that although I have them I choose to leave them at home.

The cabanas are all lined up on the right side and the left side has only chairs and a few hammocks. The left side is the best place to enter for snorkeling over the coral reef. Bring some breakfast cereal from the buffet and the fishies will nibble your fingers - fun!

They also had a gorgeous selection of fresh melons and pineapple, I made a meal out of that!! Didnt they also have chicken? Karen

Was there for Thanksgiving week cruise and it was just beautiful. We went to the right as you got off the tender and went over the bridge and then got 2 lounge chairs in the sun and 2 in the shade. The cabana's were one problem that we saw- they were 5 deep- and you couldn't see over them at all. They were lined up right along the shoreline.

The bar staff were coming around taking drink orders. I had taken a soda in a cooler and had that on the island. Beware the drinks are larger than what you think and they were about 7 bucks. Stawberry Daqari The buffet opened up at 11. Not much there- hamburgers, hotdogs, etc. They had nice cookies and cakes. We had some cookies, cakes and then headed back to the ship around noontime to eat lunch. We got the one of the first tenders over to the island.

Princess Cays is really quite nice. We no longer do the "beach and water" things, but there is an area that is really nice for walking around. There is an area for kids with slides and the like. Shops, hair braiding and a lovely area with picnic tables for eating all the good food you find there. Things have improved and all the repairs have been completed since last year's hurricanes. It's a nice stop.

Archived